Alpina B5, big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M5Mark View Post
    I agree with Callhan here, smoke could be many things, i think this has a turbo and supercharger? turbo's blow smoke when there done too.....as for the B7 i believe they are a direct fit block wise, but i think you need to use existing B5 fittings etc, but Ayham or Bruno would be better qualified to give the correct answer on that......have they actually shown what is wrong with the engine? Does the crank still turn or is it seized up?
    Thanks Mark, I was so shocked about this garage that I did not think about the Turbo which can be really done. They blow smoke, so that´s by far the easiest thing.
    E36 M3 3.2 L Conv.

Comment

this is a classic behavior, i've seen this many many times in UAE. the first thing those dealerships do is split open an engine. 99% of the time they will come back to you with this "sir, you need to replace the full engine" they split it open knowing that they wont be putting it back together anyways, the plan from the beginning is to get you to fall in an engine replacement trap. because you will be paying a big amount of money for splitting what could've been a decent engine and charging for replacing the engine and charging labor to install it which will not fix your issue anyways.

you are probably asking yourself this question; "what happens if i pull out the car from them?" here's the answer, they will dump all your engine parts in the trunk of your car and give it back to you in a useless condition. leaving whoever is going to work with it in a total loss since they wouldn't know where are all the bits which leaves one option that is back at square one, to replace the engine that might not have been the cause.

im just stating what i've seen and dont intend to offend anyone.

Comment

Fine...If the engine needs replacing, then you are entitled to the following:

1) Pictures of damaged parts/areas

2) Test results (compression, leak-down, gauge measurements, etc)

3) Explanation as to why damage happened

I've seen my share of sickening business behavior with clients walking in holding their heads on one hand and "a" report stating how half the car is not road worthy on the other. If a car has been serviced and driven properly, if not a tad abusively, then it should be OK for dogs years to come. Ask for the 3 points up there. If not answered straight, someone DID NOT do their job, and you ought to find out who.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, ll check with my father in kuwait if he can find clean engin in the scrap yard

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            Fine...If the engine needs replacing, then you are entitled to the following:

1) Pictures of damaged parts/areas

2) Test results (compression, leak-down, gauge measurements, etc)

3) Explanation as to why damage happened

I've seen my share of sickening business behavior with clients walking in holding their heads on one hand and "a" report stating how half the car is not road worthy on the other. If a car has been serviced and driven properly, if not a tad abusively, then it should be OK for dogs years to come. Ask for the 3 points up there. If not answered straight, someone DID NOT do their job, and you ought to find out who.
            Presidente, Mallion didnt have an alpina engine in his yard sitting for a couple of years? not sure if it was the b5 or b7.

Ibrahim sorry to hear this :S, the question is can they put back your engine to its "broken" status? Up to which stage is it taken apart? valves pistons, or they just seperated the blocks? any pics that might help and why is the engine not repairable?
            sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
            Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
            Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
            Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
            Black 1986 E28 535i
            Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
            Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
            Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

^^ They have an E46 B3 3.3L + an E38 V12 Alpina engines. Both in the 150K km range = near-busted on an Alpina block.

Comment

Working...
              X