Watch a Russian BMW Club Cruise Go Very Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be the boring old man of the club, but I think this is a good reminder of why we have some rules for club events. Our cars are fast and it's easy to get a bit too excited when cruising as a group.

Source:

http://jalopnik.com/5915111/bmw-crash-gallery/gallery/1

[YOUTUBE]9wGI9pE7DZ8[/YOUTUBE]

By Tom Joslin
    Jun 2, 2012 2:00 PM

Surely there is some scenario more ripe for automotive disaster than a group of BMW drivers filming themselves driving on Russian Roads, but we're having a hard time dreaming it up at the moment.

As you can see, a Moscow BMW club cruise last weekend ended poorly when two drivers tried to pass the camera car at high speed simultaneously. According to a rough translation from an eyewitness the mustard colored E46 skidded across traffic and into a Subaru Forester after the collision seen here.

Three people reported non-serious injuries at the scene of the accident. While several other vehicles were damaged, it appears from the looks of these pictures posted on wbsmotor.ru the E46 and the Subaru Forester will both be written off as casualties of the cruise gone wrong.

We'd say it will be a little while until anyone involved in or witnessing this crash will return to making Russian roads an even more terrifying place to drive.

Aftermath:

This is what I call over-excitement non-stop drive deficit disorder.

cough****aboudi*** cough

:P

Comment

loooooooooooool +1
      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

First-hit 1M Coupe in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          First-hit 1M Coupe in the world?
          Unfortunately no:

Comment

You're enjoying this, aren't you? :rofl:

Comment

this is a perfect example of how an unorganized and uncontrolled event takes effect!! we have to be extreamly careful, imagine if this was one of our cars (GOD FORBID)?? the drives should be a beauty scene, a feast for the eyes... if someone wants to drift or push their cars to the max, i believe we have HPDS and drift sessions! IMO, we should limit the speed on our drives .. respect goes out to our pace cars who make the roads safe for us to enjoy the scenery! :)

i feel so so sorry for the e46!! i am sure the blue e34 had to pay for the damage, but who cares about the damage, the car is totalled now :(

following the rules is number 1 priority from now on, whoever disagrees, please correct me ..

i suggest we have a "book of rules" during events, where everyone signs a one pager and takes full responsibility before the drive, this way the members who do not follow the rules can be penelized ..
              sigpic
              2002 1975 white
              E9 3.0 1975 green
              E12 528 1980 white
              E21 315 1982 red first owner
              E21 320 1979 yellow
              E23 745i 1982 red
              E23 733i 1979 white
              E24 635csi 1989 blue
              E34 M5 3.8 1993 red
              E36 M3 Cabrio 1995 dakkar yellow
              E46 M3 Cabrio 2003 silver

All current rides, yet few missing, more to come :bmwfan:

Comment

+1 on the above.....
                sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  This is what I call over-excitement non-stop drive deficit disorder.

cough****aboudi*** cough

:P
                  hehe note taken, on a serious note that is why we should never ever over take the pace car! that guy was crazy overtaking like that... Bruno i am behind you all the way.
                  Current:
                  E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by meskovic View Post
                    this is a perfect example of how an unorganized and uncontrolled event takes effect!! we have to be extreamly careful, imagine if this was one of our cars (GOD FORBID)?? the drives should be a beauty scene, a feast for the eyes... if someone wants to drift or push their cars to the max, i believe we have HPDS and drift sessions! IMO, we should limit the speed on our drives .. respect goes out to our pace cars who make the roads safe for us to enjoy the scenery! :)

i feel so so sorry for the e46!! i am sure the blue e34 had to pay for the damage, but who cares about the damage, the car is totalled now :(

following the rules is number 1 priority from now on, whoever disagrees, please correct me ..

i suggest we have a "book of rules" during events, where everyone signs a one pager and takes full responsibility before the drive, this way the members who do not follow the rules can be penelized ..
                    Samir do we have HPDS ?? I wanna sign up!
                    Current:
                    E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Working...
                    X