Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap place to get windscreen replaced/installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap place to get windscreen replaced/installed?

Hi, where in Sharjah/dxb can I get my front windscreen replaced? Looking for a good, but cheap place..

Cheers

Vanne
    Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
    Hi, where in Sharjah/dxb can I get my front windscreen replaced? Looking for a good, but cheap place..

Cheers

Vanne
    Same again, BMW Rd, they install windscreen glass made in Saudi under license from a finish company, good quality safety glass as needed. Depends on who you get installed, as the lowest will be around AED250.00 to install with glass, but you must buy the rubber.

LocationOpposite Sedana trdg, BMW Road, Industrial Area 1, Sharjah
    P.O.Box23904
    Tel06-5331182
    Fax06-5339502

I did mine at Al Batriq, not the most impressive location for installation, but the 3 guys work like a machine and know exactly what to do! Need to keep the tape on for 24 hours before removing which can be a pain. Right next to Al Batiq is Al Nabaa, which will sell you the rubber. So total for my e36 m3 was 300 +80, a place in Dubai that has a nice clean warehouse asked for AED1400!
    '94 Avus Blue e36 m3
    2007 LWB Prado. 2" IVD lift.GPS 276C.Bashplate.Rear Pintle Hook

Comment

thanks vanhack you seem to be my saviour at the moment :D thats the first thing that needs to be fixed on my Coupe..

ill be taking it there day after tomorrow. Ill have to phone in advance eh :)
      Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Got the new windscreen.. Yay.. Took about 55 mins..
        Great bunch of guys. And I didn't have to buy the rubber, they had one in stock...

Thanks van hack :D awesome! Now I have a safe window :D

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
          Got the new windscreen.. Yay.. Took about 55 mins..
          Great bunch of guys. And I didn't have to buy the rubber, they had one in stock...

Thanks van hack :D awesome! Now I have a safe window :D
          No problem.....they do work like a machine when installing....it's good to watch.
          '94 Avus Blue e36 m3

Comment

im curious to know if this is one of teh wavy ones

Comment

What do you mean "wavy"?
              '94 Avus Blue e36 m3

Comment

replica and cheap glass usually have a wavy groove when looked at from a certain angle

Comment

Have not noticed any waves on this glass....I think it is cheaper due shipping costs, and local abundance of silica. Local glass industry is quite experienced due construction.
                  '94 Avus Blue e36 m3

Comment

Working...
                  X