Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap paints shop for z3 coupe??

Hi guys,

I have decided to strip my z3 coupe and give her a new paint job. Especially as the front air damm needs filler work and sanding. So may as well do the whole car..

Can someone recommend me a cheap place for prep and paint and also a good place to get the BMW colours.. Roughly how much would this cost?

Will strip most of the parts myself, but am also going to change colours of the Coupe..

Any info for a cheap paints op will be great.

Cheers

Vanne
    Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

my advice is dont do it... proper jobs are not cheap. the more you travel away from dubai they cheaper it becomes.

for new parts call central 065333539. and for used parts drop by al million.

Comment

tried for about an hour to find al million.. drove by 12th and 16th street on 115 about 10 times, and couldent find it.. can i have some more directions to find Al million.. also is this one of the places where i could walk into the yard with my own toolbox and strip the parts of a wreak that i need? or is it you show up in the customer service area and they retrieve said part for you? I would prefer stripping the part of the wreak myself.... is that possible or just not done here in the UAE?
      Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

its right next to mitsubishi motors on 115.

no one will allow you to strip parts off their cars... you are usually greeted with a guy who barely speaks any language and you will have to use signs and do funny gestures to explain to him what you want or just show him a sample. then you negotiate the price. after that he will send one of his boys to remove it and bring it over to you. customer service and waiting areas dont exist in these places.

Comment

Thanks Bruno, can you or anyone here recommend anyone with a good but cheap paint shop?
          Cheers

Comment

Bruno, problem is you don't speak their language, once you are on BMW Rd, you are in their world, and leave Jumeirah Jane behind :) you need to know hindi/urdu and/or arabic are better to get what you want. I have made some friends down there now. Vanne, perhaps we can hook up sometime and pay a visit, another BM DIYer wants a visit too, but we can only go on a weekday in the morning from 9-11am, in that time I can atleast identify the locations for you, and you can see what is available.

PM me your mobile please.

They will not allow you to remove parts on your own, and some morons want to discuss the price on the parts first and then remove, check the parts with caution, as most of these places at times damage the delicate parts, especially interior parts.

If you can find Tuba, yellow sign board. Then walk through the main entrance, and Al Million is behind the Tuba building in the same compound....ask someone in Tuba for the BMW Al Million warehouse, and they would probably know it.

BMW rd, is a bit of a nightmare, but the more you spend time there, the more familiar you will be.

I don't know anybody for painting unforunately I believe a good paint job is in the range of 12-14000 from a company that has experenice and knows what they are doing....

Mr. Vanne you are a "Ed China", look over on Dubaipetrolheads.com for locations on resources, probably the best place for auto DIYers in UAE.
            Last edited by vanhack; 15-09-2012, 10:04 AM.
            '94 Avus Blue e36 m3
            2007 LWB Prado. 2" IVD lift.GPS 276C.Bashplate.Rear Pintle Hook

Comment

Sounds good mate, pm on the way :D

Comment

any updates on this Sharja trip? temps are getting cooler! ;D

btw, going to follow Bruno's advise and not repaint the Coupe, paint seems to be actually rather good underneath a lot of dust and crud. Will have to get the front air dam repainted though.

Comment

I dont want to hijack the thread
                  But i dont mind looking into used E60 rims OEM
                  any concrete location on where Al million is?

Comment

Vanne,
                    time is an issue at the moment, perhaps we can do an evening trip, start around 5pm and onwards, atleast you can see all the locations that have BM scrap parts.

Or I suggest that you head down and look for Tuba shop and ask around for BMW scrap dealers, once you find 1, they will point you to others if you are ask nicely.

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
                    any updates on this Sharja trip? temps are getting cooler! ;D

btw, going to follow Bruno's advise and not repaint the Coupe, paint seems to be actually rather good underneath a lot of dust and crud. Will have to get the front air dam repainted though.
                    '94 Avus Blue e36 m3
                    2007 LWB Prado. 2" IVD lift.GPS 276C.Bashplate.Rear Pintle Hook

Comment

Working...
                    X