Strange beep sound when i open the door...only recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange beep sound when i open the door...only recently

Hi All, Hope you are all in good health.

So, recently, and after owning my 530i fro 3 years, every time i go to enter my car when its locked i hear a beep sound coming from somewhere around the side mirror area.

Its one beep, only when i open the driver door hands-free or use the unlock on remote.

If i close the door and try again, the sound doesn't come back. i made a few tests, apparently when the car goes to sleep mode (20+ minutes) then i unlock, the beep comes.

This NEVER happened before, and i have no sound confirmation option for unlock in my car.

It all started when they changed the battery cover recall thing a few weeks ago.

Anyone has a clue please help, its annoying! and scary :)

http://db.tt/gwXsKszy

thanx
    Last edited by Faizd; 15-10-2012, 08:20 PM. Reason: video link

Itll be more helpfull when you upload the video...
    sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
    Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
    Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
    Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
    Black 1986 E28 535i
    Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
    Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
    Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

done :)

Comment

Originally posted by Faizd View Post
        done :)
        Have you done anywork on the door? did they do any change in the coding after they changed the battery cover. Do u have electronic folding mirrors?
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
          Have you done anywork on the door? did they do any change in the coding after they changed the battery cover. Do u have electronic folding mirrors?
          Hi
          No work was done on the door
          No coding
          Yes i have electronic folding mirrors.
          Thanx for the reply

Comment

Faiz, can you confirm where this beep is coming from in or outside the car.

it's most likely your alarm system acting funny after the battery recall thing. Other thing on my mind is the light control module which might be beeping but this is in the car. In the video it sounds like an external sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              Faiz, can you confirm where this beep is coming from in or outside the car.

it's most likely your alarm system acting funny after the battery recall thing. Other thing on my mind is the light control module which might be beeping but this is in the car. In the video it sounds like an external sound?
              Hi Bruno, hope ur fine mate.
              I don't have an alarm system and the sound is for sure from outside the car, somewhere under the side mirror.
              Also yesterday when i reached work i left the side windows a tiny bit open and tilted the sunroof, you know, for the heat, got out of the car and shut the door, before i even reached the door handle to lock the car the doors locked and windows shut and roof closed all by themselves, in less than 2 seconds!

Weird stuff :) all started after the battery recall. I called the agency in AD, they say no one else has complaints after battery recall, but so they say :)

Comment

open the hood and stand next to the driver side wheel... when you unlock it please try to trace the sound. it looks like you have the alarm system.

which model is your car? can you give me the last 7 numbers of your VIN to see what options your car came with? i think your key requires to be recoded

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  open the hood and stand next to the driver side wheel... when you unlock it please try to trace the sound. it looks like you have the alarm system.

which model is your car? can you give me the last 7 numbers of your VIN to see what options your car came with? i think your key requires to be recoded
                  hi again!

sorry for the late reply.

guess what? its gone! just like that! it stopped happening.

i didn't do anything, i went to check under the hood as you asked and its no more!

thanks a lot for trying to help, truly appreciate it, will keep you updated if it returns.

btw , VIN is CT27674, i'm pretty sure no alarm installed.

Comment

Working...
                  X