RPM never goes to zero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPM never goes to zero?

Here is the vid guys, just uploaded so maybe itll take 30-60 mins to show in youtube. This started when I had my oil changed from Sharjah I got Inspection II in AGMC since my oil indicator was turning on and off, so I checked the oil and saw it was black! I didnt know Mobil oil is suppose to be black so ya I bought original oil filter again and had it installed in Sharjah :thumbsdown:

While driving the next day I bought it again for a new oil change in Sharjah opposite AGMC, then that happened. The guy said its normal but im really afraid it my damage my timing belt/sumthing inside the engine. Any ideas?

[youtube]zZqF8iwX5J8[/youtube]

Could be that the MAF needs cleaning or replacement
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i don't get it, do u mean ur rpm doesn't drop to the normal 750-800?

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
        i don't get it, do u mean ur rpm doesn't drop to the normal 750-800?
        Nope check the video, the RPM stays to 1 only. It never drops back to zero, im talking about the 1 next to the speedometer, btw what is a MAF? Air filter?

Comment

well if the car is on it will never drop to zero... if the car is off and it is doing this then there might be problem with the tachometer :dunno:
          ...petrolhead

Comment

Originally posted by BMWe46 View Post
            Nope check the video, the RPM stays to 1 only. It never drops back to zero, im talking about the 1 next to the speedometer, btw what is a MAF? Air filter?
            am i missing something? :dunno:

if your car is ON the rpm should idle at around 750-800.. if it drops to zero it means your engine isn't rotating, which means it's OFF :read:

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I don't see that you have a problem. Your car is "idling" just fine. How was it before the oil change? When the car is ON and parked...

MAF = Mass Air Flow sensor. It's the sensor after your air filter that measures the amount of oxygen going into the engine and therefore gives commands to the car's ECU to adjust the fuel injection rate (maintaining a constant AFR "Air-to-Fuel Ratio").

Comment

Same here, i dont think its a problem. If the car is ON it remains at 1 or less than one even at a standing still position, if the car is OFF then only it goes to 0.

Comment

ohhhhh..... LOL, but other cars drop to zero when its on idle and engine is on. Anyways, i trust you guys. Good to know its not causing problems for my timing belt.

Comment

ohhhhh..... LOL, but other cars drop to zero when its on idle and engine is on. Anyways, i trust you guys. Good to know its not causing problems for my timing belt.
                    This pic is for illustrative purpose only, this pic is taken when the car is on, look at the RPM, its not at 0

You dont need to worry now :)

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                      This pic is for illustrative purpose only, this pic is taken when the car is on, look at the RPM, its not at 0

You dont need to worry now :)
                      thanks for sharing this... the guys have answered your question.

you still didn't mention what oil you used and what's your car's engine?

Comment

ohhhhh..... LOL, but other cars drop to zero when its on idle and engine is on...
                        :err: just to clarify...no other car in the world drops to zero when it is idling, if the engine is on it means something is rotating (hence Rotations per Minute)... some cars might idle at lower RPM than other cars

Your car is fine...
                        ...petrolhead

Comment

Exactly, she's all good. You probably never noticed it up close before.

But ZERO RPM, means the engine is shut down. If your car is running in Park or Nuetral then your RPM should be at 750-800RPM . Simple as that, she's fine !
                          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

maybe you've been in a hybride?!?!?
                            To leave the world far behind...
                            sigpic
                            ////\/\
                            IS THE ANSWER

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeyousef View Post
                              maybe you've been in a hybride?!?!?
                              Hahaha !! Very good point !
                              Why didn't anyone think of that !!
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                              X