No announcement yet.

Z3 COUPE .. tires/wheels issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to lower your car dude ! That looks so high, you could've got some better rims than the M6's, but never mind. Now follow what Haissam says, im sure it will look better, no worries :nono:

Comment

4X4 ?? nah .. its not that bad !!

as for the front sticking out .. thats true .. very little .. but it is .. i think thats what's causing the rubbing.

here's a few more pics ..
      Attached Files

Comment

welcome back...first few thoughts, nice car with a lovely color.

regarding the rims... i don't know where to start from but sadly you've messed up the geometry of the rims relevant to the car's chassis and by doing so you the car will feel unbalanced. as seen in the pic attached; the car is raised (center of gravity is higher), bigger and heavier wheels, with the wheels sticking out you will risk control and stability since the wheels move far from the body.

it's not only the wheels, you'll have to check the bushings underneath the car, such as he rtabs fcab rsm and etc...
        Attached Files

Comment

hmmmm .. so no easy solution ? i can't just drop it w some stiff springs ??

bruno, you've mentioned the ride quality & stability .. its all good. i'm not tracking the car .. just driving it around town, to & from work .. beach on the weekends .. so i dont mind so much. only thing that bothers me is the tires hitting the walls ... occasionaly. anything to sort that out ?

Comment

There's no way you can lower your car on these rims. Offset is clearly wrong for the Z3 Coupe. And 225 tire width on one of the widest cars in history is a clear indication your rims are WRONG.

Easy solution is: Take them off and revert to Z3M 17" rims or visit www.tirerack.com for a guidline on your car's rims offsets..

Comment

qbn.. let me tell you a small story.

i had a 330ci the previous owner fitted the M3 rims on it and the end result was very similar to yours. stiffening the springs will make the car extremely bouncy because it is very high from the ground. and since yours is already high from the back, you will wear out your front shocks and lower arm bushings. see it's a never ending messed up cycle that you are caught in.

been there and tried it. you have to go back to the correct offset. btw your current M6 rims are made for the 5 series and some 3 series

Comment

:thanks: guys, i appreciate the help. the nxt post will be in the classified forum!

Comment

Off da ezayng ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X