Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USEFUL Info: Where's your Tank located ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USEFUL Info: Where's your Tank located ?

Here's a little info thought Id share, looks useful.

Ever reached a gas station and wondered where's the gas tank of your car located ? It happens at times when you're driving an unusual car, so rather than hanging your head out of the window and looking if the gas tank is on the driver's side, here is a little hint to make things easier.

Look at the the sign below

Carefully notice the pipe's location and you'll know where's your tank located in any car :)

yeah seen than before, but never remembered to use it when driving any other car :(

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

i've been told about that recently

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
        yeah seen than before, but never remembered to use it when driving any other car :(
        +1
        never comes to my head
        2008 325i coupe
        Stock

Comment

They should put that stuff in the owners manual
          ________
          LOVE QUOTES FORUM
          Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:14 AM.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Going on the thread title I was going to chip in with something witty like,

My tank is located between my pelvis and my rib cage…..it used to be a six pack but now it’s a fuel tank for a love machine:rofl: (come on guys..2-3 out of 10 for effort??)
            2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

hahahahaha i'd give you 5 for your guts mate!
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

This is true for the majority of cars, not all! I've been in a rental where this did not apply! and i was sad to know that our little guide is not always correct! I cant remember the car we rented! i will try to find out.
                Anyone else encounter this???
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
                  Going on the thread title I was going to chip in with something witty like,

My tank is located between my pelvis and my rib cage…..it used to be a six pack but now it’s a fuel tank for a love machine:rofl: (come on guys..2-3 out of 10 for effort??)

:rofl::rofl:
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    Here's a little info thought Id share, looks useful.

Ever reached a gas station and wondered where's the gas tank of your car located ? It happens at times when you're driving an unusual car, so rather than hanging your head out of the window and looking if the gas tank is on the driver's side, here is a little hint to make things easier.

Look at the the sign below

Carefully notice the pipe's location and you'll know where's your tank located in any car :)
                    Erm, great tip, but i think i've spotted a very obvious problem. Look at the picture of the yellow petrol pump, with the nozzle coming out of the right hand side. The note says that this means your tank is on the right hand side of your car. However, if i pull up to the right of that petrol pump where the nozzle is (as it is pictured) and my tank is on the right hand side, then i've pulled up to the wrong side! :nono:

Pedantic, i know, but i'm a bit like that sometimes.:yippy:
                    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
                    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
                    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
                    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

^ thats quite alright, we understand, it's Thursday and we're all in need of a blow out over the weekend:)
                      2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

never though of it, interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
                          Erm, great tip, but i think i've spotted a very obvious problem. Look at the picture of the yellow petrol pump, with the nozzle coming out of the right hand side. The note says that this means your tank is on the right hand side of your car. However, if i pull up to the right of that petrol pump where the nozzle is (as it is pictured) and my tank is on the right hand side, then i've pulled up to the wrong side! :nono:

Pedantic, i know, but i'm a bit like that sometimes.:yippy:
                          that's the first thing that cam to my mind lool, you must be an engineer as well?

:bricks:

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

great info man! ill keep that in mind. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                              that's the first thing that cam to my mind lool, you must be an engineer as well?

:bricks:
                              Well, i work in construction and engineering management so while i'm not a qualified engineer by trade, i think i've certainly developed a "engineer's eye"!
                              theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
                              Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
                              Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
                              Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X