Is this a good deal - Alpina B3 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good deal - Alpina B3 2009

I found an Alpina B3 BiTurbo 2009 from a guy on Dubizzle. I saw the car and had it checked at the X Service center and it has no problems.

He is selling it for AED 80,000 and it has done 100,000 KMS on the clock.

Is this a good buy or not?

One Mechanic told me that it is very expensive to maintain and I should not buy it but I really love the looks of the car so I am not sure and not sure about the price.

What do you guys think?

I also found a 2006 E46 M3 from one guy but he is selling it for AED 68,500 and it has done 65,000 KMS on the clock but it's a convertible.

Please advice

I don't understand why the Alpina would be overly expensive to maintain.

Personally, I love Alpina and regret having sold mine.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
      I don't understand why the Alpina would be overly expensive to maintain.

Personally, I love Alpina and regret having sold mine.
      Right, I wasn't sure but that's just what I thought. I am contemplating about buying this Alpina B3 2009 or a Z4M 2009 as I saw from the reviews the Z4 M with the manual transmission would be more fun and probably more powerful than this Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by Matrix Leader View Post
        Right, I wasn't sure but that's just what I thought. I am contemplating about buying this Alpina B3 2009 or a Z4M 2009 as I saw from the reviews the Z4 M with the manual transmission would be more fun and probably more powerful than this Alpina

The Z4M with the MT will definitely be more fun than the B3.

However, the B3 has more HP and way more torque and will be significantly faster than the Z4M.
        sigpic

Comment

The Z4M with the MT will definitely be more fun than the B3.

However, the B3 has more HP and way more torque and will be significantly faster than the Z4M.
          I thought that B3 BiTurbo 2009 had the same engine as the 335i.

Do you know the BHP and 0-60 times of that B3? I couldn't find any solid information by searching on Google each site says something different.

Comment

I thought that B3 BiTurbo 2009 had the same engine as the 335i.

Do you know the BHP and 0-60 times of that B3? I couldn't find any solid information by searching on Google each site says something different.

Alpina make their own engines. Although the engines are based on BMW engine blocks, they are completely different engines.

The B3 makes 360 hp @ 5500 - 6000 rpm and 368 lb-ft torque @ 3800 - 5000 rpm. 0-62 mph is 4.8 secs, which is the same as the E9x M3. This is why when the journalists review the B3, they compare it to the M3 and not the 335i.
            sigpic

Comment

Alpina make their own engines. Although the engines are based on BMW engine blocks, they are completely different engines.

The B3 makes 360 hp @ 5500 - 6000 rpm and 368 lb-ft torque @ 3800 - 5000 rpm. 0-62 mph is 4.8 secs, which is the same as the E9x M3. This is why when the journalists review the B3, they compare it to the M3 and not the 335i.
              ohh perfect! I didn't know that!

Thanks a lot man. What I'll do is I'll go check the Z4M tomorrow just to have a clear picture of what I like more.

Please take a look at it here and see the pics, in one of the interior pics I see the airbag light on, what the heck is that.....

dubizzle Dubai | Z4: 2008 BMW Z4M

Comment

I would suggest you drive both cars. This will help your decision.

The air bag light generally means that the occupancy sensor in the seat has gone bad. They are expensive to replace.
                sigpic

Comment

I would go for the Alpina and not Z, but again the Z is more fun to drive when you have three pedals.

80K for a 2009 (Alpina) seems a bit high to me or 79K for 2008 (Z)
                  - E82, 1M - Current
                  • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                  - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                  • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                  - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                  E36, 318 Touring Sold
                  E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Originally posted by S.BAKI View Post
                    I would go for the Alpina and not Z, but again the Z is more fun to drive when you have three pedals.

80K for a 2009 (Alpina) seems a bit high to me or 79K for 2008 (Z)
                    To be honest, at first I was searching for an M3 and I found one 2006 M3 E46 that has done 165,000 KMS but the guy is asking AED 68,500 so I thought it's too much for such and old car.

Then I found this Alpina B3 2009 and it has done 113,000 KMS so I took it to the X Service Center and I checked it, everything is fine except that it is missing one of the wheel caps and that would cose me around 50 GBP to order online. So I was pretty much decided on the Alpina as I have tested it and it doesn't have any major issues other than the fact that the front and rear bumpers have been painted and it was a cheap paint job but no major accidents they said. That is a turn off to me though.

Then just last night I found this Z4M, I will see it tomorrow and take it for a full checkup day after, the guy said the price is negotiable but not over the phone so I am hoping to get some discount. What do you think is a fair price to ask for this Z4M?

PS: I really love having an MT car, I only had one Camaro 1999 MT a couple of years back and it was a lot of fun although it was full of problems so I would love having an MT car again to be honest.

Comment

To be honest, at first I was searching for an M3 and I found one 2006 M3 E46 that has done 165,000 KMS but the guy is asking AED 68,500 so I thought it's too much for such and old car.

Then I found this Alpina B3 2009 and it has done 113,000 KMS so I took it to the X Service Center and I checked it, everything is fine except that it is missing one of the wheel caps and that would cose me around 50 GBP to order online. So I was pretty much decided on the Alpina as I have tested it and it doesn't have any major issues other than the fact that the front and rear bumpers have been painted and it was a cheap paint job but no major accidents they said. That is a turn off to me though.

Then just last night I found this Z4M, I will see it tomorrow and take it for a full checkup day after, the guy said the price is negotiable but not over the phone so I am hoping to get some discount. What do you think is a fair price to ask for this Z4M?

PS: I really love having an MT car, I only had one Camaro 1999 MT a couple of years back and it was a lot of fun although it was full of problems so I would love having an MT car again to be honest.
                      I would still go for an E46 M3 as you can find many good deals ranging from 35K -50K, you will just need to wait and keep an eye out.

I'm personally not a fan of the Z series but i don't think (not an expert) i would pay more than 60-65.

Do let us know how it goes!
                      - E82, 1M - Current
                      E36, 318 Touring Sold
                      E36, M3 Evo Sold

Comment

Originally posted by S.BAKI View Post
                        I would still go for an E46 M3 as you can find many good deals ranging from 35K -50K, you will just need to wait and keep an eye out.

I'm personally not a fan of the Z series but i don't think (not an expert) i would pay more than 60-65.

Do let us know how it goes!

+ 1. I would also prefer the E46 M3 over the Z4M. There are a number of E46 M3 with MT in UAE. You just have to be patient and wait for the right one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Patience is key when buying a second hand BMW.

Only few ppl take care of their cars.
                          - E82, 1M - Current
                          E36, 318 Touring Sold
                          E36, M3 Evo Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X