Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest for a minute...what's bad about your Beemer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so pissed off when i didnt see ur car that day :(
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

u get used to the problems so its difficult to name once u use the car daily...

1. when u wash the car and open the window on my Z4, all the water comes in...guess that plastic excuse for a drip rail doesnt do its thing.
      2. runflat availability and price! aaaargh AED6k for a full set-only available at two locations in Dubai (ascertained via trial-and-error method)

Think before you act.

Comment

and my cupholder sucks even though its aftermarket....good thing i dont use it ;)

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
          I was so pissed off when i didnt see ur car that day :(
          Inshallah you will see it soon ... hopefully next redline if i was in UAE

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
            Isn't the irony that the additional weight is caused by the addition of fancy new gizmo's and gadgets which, certainly in the case of the new M3, are then critisised for "dumbing down" the car, making it too technical (see Ayham's comment below) and making it less of a drivers car, which again draws critisism.

On the other hand, the new M3 has 70ish more bhp than the old one, so surely in defence of BMW (and correct me if i'm wrong here), more power will generally mean more weight (assuming you don't start deliberately removing stuff to save weight, as was the case in the CSL...)
            Dude, the E92 M3's V8 is lighter than the E46 M3's 6...That's engineering !!
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
              Dude, the E92 M3's V8 is lighter than the E46 M3's 6...That's engineering !!
              similar story with the mclaren f1-bmw exceeded gordon murray's weight target but made around 60 hp (?) more so mclaren thought it was a fair trade off and used the engine

Think before you act.

Comment

About the only thing I'd change on my '99 Z3 convertible is add a little power and maybe a more throaty exhaust but then....I'd have a Z4 ! Nah, I like it pretty much the way it is, just a beautiful, fun little touring car that can take corners approximately 253 times faster than my brand new Ford Edge. No cupholders and I don't want them. Cupholders don't belong in a car like this. My son complains the doors are too heavy and swing closed unless you push them full open but then again he just turned 14 and still has Justin Beiber arms so his opinion doesn't count. Jeez he'd kill me for saying that.

Comment

I hate on my e92 the computerized system that everything need to program

+ i still dont know how to change the battery they made things difficult

Everything regarding doors am with bruno some bolts or clips loose i had the same on my e36
                  sigpic
                  • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                  and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

E36 M3.....hmmmmm where do I begin! The interior is about as solid as Lego, rattle, squeak, buzzzzzzz..... but my car is more than 18 years old now, so glues failing big time, problem is that the scrapyards here are not great at removing the interiors, well atleast the e36, and they damage the clips, mounts of many parts......so you need to engineer some solutions, which I think is probably better in the long run.

Apart from that, my car has very few electrics and has relatively simple engine design, which in any manufacturer helps as the car ages...
                    '94 Avus Blue e36 m3
                    2007 LWB Prado. 2" IVD lift.GPS 276C.Bashplate.Rear Pintle Hook

Comment

Problem with my e36!! Pls help thanks

Hey!! I have a problem with my e36.. I think some smell of smoke goes inside the car tru a/c vent i suppose,,, what will i do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Carlocruz View Post
                        Hey!! I have a problem with my e36.. I think some smell of smoke goes inside the car tru a/c vent i suppose,,, what will i do thanks
                        What kind of smell do you think it is, oil smell, sulphur etc....could be many things that is causing the smoke and smell...
                        '94 Avus Blue e36 m3
                        2007 LWB Prado. 2" IVD lift.GPS 276C.Bashplate.Rear Pintle Hook

Comment

Smell like smoke from exhaust,,

Comment

stop using your ac and drive the car around with your windows down and report back

Comment

Working...
                            X