X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
    Found this in their website ( Investor Relation ) :
    I just saw that !!! .... my god ! ...

Now we know for sure that ricers will be away from roads...

Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Not until they get fined !
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
        Hello Muppet,

I agree with you when you say that making someone drive slower will not necessarily make them better drivers, but what it does do is reduce the liklihood of crashes, or at least it reduces the liklihood of major crashes and fatalities. Good, responsibile driving is an attitude, and you can't change that with anything except education. Unfortunately, there are many drivers on Dubai's road who, without wanting to appear to "pro-west" here, have learned to drive in countries where the standards of road safety are poor and getting a license is all too easy. Don't get me wrong, you certainly see poor driving in the UK - people speed and can be irresponsible, but not often do you see things that are "shocking" or "unbelievable", which in Dubai you see every single minute of every single journey you make. So, in the absence of good education and good attitudes, the simple answer is to get these people off the roads through points. The police can't be everywhere, they can't see every incident, so at least cameras act as a set of eyes, picking up speeders (who are generally also the guys who are tailgaiting, driving irresponsibily etc) and fining them until they either get the message and start behaving or get banned.

My friend has just passed her driving test with a copany based on Al Quoz (can't remember the company name...). I am staggered, and appaled, by some of the things she's learned and what she's been told, things that in the West would be an instant fail on a test. Here, they are the norm, and they are deemed safe and correct. People are being taught bad practices from their first lesson, so no wonder the standards are so low.

Reading the black points list is a great indication of what Dubai's authorities think of road safety. Have a look at how many points you get for the various infringement - the priorities are all wrong.

I would love to see more patrols on the road who can issue instant fines for bad practices or dangerous behaviour on the road, but the resources (and for me, the desire) just isn't there. All they need to do is stick a patrol car on each busy junction at rush-hour (i'm thinking of the Greens, Barsha, Trade Centre etc) and watch for people who cut into traffic at the last minute, people who block traffic, people who speed, unsafe vehicles and they'd be banning dozens of people every single minute. Not ony that, but the traffic would move faster for those of use who are obeying the rules.

My brother used to live at Port Rashid, and there's on particular (traffic lights) juntion there with three approach lanes, two to go straigh on through the lights, and one turning right at the lights. You could sit there for literally an hour because all the arrogent, bad drivers would simply use the right hand lane to bypass all the waiting traffic and then cut right in at the lights themselves. More often than not, this meant that they would have to stop in the right hand lane, thus blocking the traffic, and wait till the lights went green beofre they could cut in. One day, there was a police car sat in the pavement at the lights, issuing fines/penalties to anyone who cut in at the last minute or who blocked the traffic. They were also there the next day, and you know what?, it took me less than 5 minutes to get through the lights, and not one single person tried to cut in. It's so simple it's unbelievable, and yet this goes on at EVERY junction in EVERY part of Dubai EVERY minute of the day, and not a thing is done about it. That's why it's impossible to get anywhere in this place, and allowing this behaviour to go unpunished only serves to increase bad behaviour.

I was on the road from Shj to Qusais last Monday, off the King Faisal St. into Shj. Industrial area 1 . Through the Sedana junction to the road parallel to BMW road (Surprise!). That 2KM long street took 1:45h to pass. Not a problem, but !
        The Qusais/Shj junction. Here is the sweet part !!
        If you cross the signal, youre considered to be in the city of Dubai. If youre on the opposite side, youre in Sharjah. So, what do you do when there are ELEVEN lanes pouring in towards Dubai, but are stuck in between ??

Now, the SWEETER part !! This junction was a rounadabout, now upgraded to a light signal. Wich is supposed to help in heavy traffic, right ? Well, NOT WHEN IT'S NOT WORKING FOR 2 WHOLE DAYS !!

+

THERE WAS NOT ONE POLICE CAR ! NOT ONE !!

I counted how many car width was infront of me. . .12 cars lined a 3 lane road. Just imagine . Tell me what you would do at a scence like that.

Mind you, Dubai Police are at the other end of the signal, a little further down the road at a bridge exit to control cars coming off the bridge and in the street. Theyre doing their job perfectly.

I don't get it, torture or what exactly ??
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

as mentioned that day earlier in "Emirates Today" by one high positioned man from Sharjah Municipality said (Translated from Arabic) " The traffic issues that we're having these days is not due to our lack of work, but its happening because of the misuse of people to the roads. We've made the detours all as three-lane roads but people are getting afraid to use it, so they use to the other routes. Morning is an issue to every employee that works in Dubai. The traffic jam that is happening is because of the under-construction tunnel of Mulla Plaza. Here is Sharjah, all roads have three lanes or more. "

No comment at all !! .... basically you just have to deal with it ..

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I love Sharjah .
            I don't want to comment on this very intellectual human being.
            But, at the moment. I'm very happy to have my bycicle. Not kidding, at all .
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Sensys establishing a base of more than 500 systems in Dubai by the end of 2008.
              :omg2:

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                Maybe it's using military radar technology. Or a whole room of cheap labour to see which car is speeding, changing lanes without warning, etc!
                thats one way to solve the credit crunch and keep employment up

Think before you act.

Comment

damn it ...

Attached Files
                  sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                  E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                  E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                  E23 735i - Sold

Comment

NO WAY !!!
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current
                    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

that's veryyyy old news & i even think those pics were taken by me (i'll dig out my records & confirm) :)

they used to park it at business bay bridge but haven't seen it for at least 1 year..

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Yah i saw them on the Internet, damn it Radars Everywhere people ... Everywhere!!
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

thats seriously very old ... like 2 or 3 yrs ago !

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                          X