Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Sound

Greetings everyone,

I have been a member of your online group for sometime now but just havent had da time to get involved much.

I have been reading da posts regularly and see that you guys are pretty well versed wid bmw's. So me being an amateur in this field, would like some advice from you guys.

I have a e39 540i (2001) (actually my dad's) and being a fan of sports cars I would like to get some exhaust sound from it. I do not want to make any major physical changes to the car, as my dad is not in favor of it. (mayb someday when i get my own, den he wont haf a say :P)

Anyways, I have been watching some videos on youtube and one in particular has caught my attention.

[youtube]hBnL208TrjU[/youtube]

The guy there has said that he has only removed the muffler and da sound pleases me. How feasible is it? Does it have any negative effects?
    Also what are other easiest ways to get some exhaust sound?

Thank you all in advance for your advice.

rgrds,

Ankur

That's the WRONG way of doing it, the Redneck way if you wish to call it...

A catback would cost you around 6K for your car, but it's auto and not meant to have such systems. I KNOW your dad would throw it away in no time, if not including you! :D

But you can get in touch with Simon*X here as he's the dealer for Reuter Motorsport and their quality is unparalleled (Eisenmann-made exhausts).

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard

Id suggest you to get in touch with Simon*X as he has helped me to get an unbeatable price from Reuter Motorsport, my back boxes are on their way and Ill be installing them anytime soon, cant wait :yuhoo:

Comment

hahaha Ayham... he wil throw me out if i get that, no doubt ... just hope dat i'd be eating drinking and sleeping in my "deekroo" (dats what i call da car).. lol

so just to understand in a nutshell... what would be the basics for getting some exhaust sound in da car?
        i know its auto.. but it has da power V8 4.4l (not as much as M5, but still... ) n I love da steptronic transmission :P

n SSense... thankyou.. i know it was long over due dat i start posting here... but betta late than neva.. jus out of curiosity... wats a back box?? :S :$

Comment

it's simple decat that exhaust and change the rear mufflers and that's basically it

Comment

:welcome2: aboard
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

ahaan... that simplifies it a lot bruno.. thank you
              "decat that exhaust" seems a little too expensive .. is it?
              just out of curiosity what are my options for rear mufflers n their price ranges... i m guessin simon*x from Reuter Motorsport is one of the options?

n petrolhead... thankq

Comment

Decating is the removal of the catalytic converters, or exhaust filters in the common language. This process provides a free-er exhaust flow by removal of the obstacle (cats), which will improve the mid-to-high RPM range. However, upon removal, you'll smell sulphur components more, which were filtered out by the cats earlier, and it could be irritating (rotten egg smell). It's not expensive, they're replaced with straight-pipe sections and that's it.

However, there are aftermarket vendors who provide high-flow cats, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Comment

So, I was down at yellow hat today in times square mall to check out for what they can provide... they have the fox system.. anyone heard of it?

they were charging AED 5500/- for standard single double n AED 6500/- for dual double.. this includes installation.

any feedback would be appreciated (in terms of pricing/quality/sound)

Thanks

Comment

I have same problem, I don't have exhaust sound at all :( my car is manual transmission so sound will be great when driving manual.

Cat already removed and replaced by two pipes (I already uploaded photos for that).

So only I need to replace the rear muffler? How much it would cost me (including installation) If I swap it? will I get nice sound like Subaru Imprezza for ex or M5?? I need sound which comes from the HELL but not too much loud which annoys ppl + (due to registration later)...

Comment

Check with Fox in Abu Dhabi, they'll quote you and yes changing the rear muffler will give you some nice sound..

Comment

Thanks SSense, Any contact number?
                        Last edited by SSense; 03-06-2009, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Fox Abu Dhabi - 02 5559963

Comment

sorry for the repost I forgot that I posted once lool..

OK Mr. SSense from now onwards :D

Comment

Bisho,

I have replaced my rear muffler with Magna Flow Direct flow muffler. It gives a good deep soud at high rpm and not too noisy on normal driving. I pass the registration without any problem.
                              I found the muffler from souq.com.
                              The bid is closed but the attached link has a proper one for your car I guess.
                              http://motors.souq.com/item.php?id=4141506
                              2 line in, 2 line out. I can send you the guys number if you are interested.
                              sigpic
                              Current
                              2005 Ford Explorer
                              History
                              2006 Dodge Durango 5.7
                              2001 323ci (Manual) :bmw3:
                              2002 Ford Escape 3.0
                              2000 Peugeot 306 1.6
                              1983 E30 3.18ci (My first love):bmwfan:

Comment

Working...
                              X