Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Chip

Hi guys,

i would like to chip ( remap ) my beast, i found 2 dealers so far, one from turkey, the car will add around 20 hp, delimited speed and 250 rpm + on the rev limit, cost 2500dhs. the other one is from a guy called murad in dubai, the car will add 40 hp, dyno test be4 remapping and after, also delimited and increase rev to 7300rpm. price 3500 dhs.
    any advise coz im bit confused. i also heard there is one guy in al ain called mazen but i couldnt reach him.

thx

Check with PS Tuning, Basil Daham is da man for BMW chip tuning here. Give him a call at 050-1462778. He tuned my M3 and BOY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M5drift View Post
      any advise coz im bit confused. i also heard there is one guy in al ain called mazen but i couldnt reach him.
      Do you want to reach Mazen ? I can give you his number..

Comment

Can I chip my 330ci?

How many HP can I add?

Do I need to change some parts? or just to add chip?

Thank you.

Comment

me wants chip too :P!
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
            Do you want to reach Mazen ? I can give you his number..
            :police: SSense you said he's not trusted and have bad rapitation
            I saw one of his chips which is very cheap also but didn't see any increase in the cars performance.

I liked the guy with the dyno tests.
            If i were you i will go with that, specially that it is dyno proven
            for me i dont think that a chip will add 40hp it's too much for just remapping
            but you've got m5 sure it's different but not 40 for a chip.
            anyway nothing to loose specially that he garantees the 40 on dyno
            Last edited by Nasser; 07-05-2009, 12:43 AM.

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

Comment

ayham i already tried the remap from bassel, i felt an increase of power but not that much. the turkey guy is the one that bassel is dealing with. bassel was very friendly and gave me free trial of the remap. the car improved around 0.3sec from 0-100km/hr
              stock is 5.3 sec, with bassel remap its like around 5.0 sec.
              sseeese could u please pm me the guy in al ain number.

i agree with u nasser and on saturday i have the trial of 40 hp remap. lets c..
              bisho u dont need to add anything. u will get around 15-20 hp on ur 330ci

Comment

basel's remap is safe as per my knowledge... great guy to deal with if you ask.

i've heard mixed reviews about the murad guy though watch out

Comment

for me the chip give a very nice performance increase, but i dont think that an after market reprogramming will give you that much of horse power.
                  dont expect that
                  but it will increase like what happened with you the 0.3 sec improvement.
                  when i bought my chip from TMS (tunermotorsport.com) which are well known in bmw performance parts i did alot of researches and found that the car is programmed for example a petrol with 87 octan and the reprogramming will change it to work with the 95 octan, this is only one of the the reprogramming benefits but 40 hp is killing me man
                  it's almost runninng a supercharger which will give you 70hp

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

Comment

Originally posted by M5drift View Post
                    ayham i already tried the remap from bassel, i felt an increase of power but not that much. the turkey guy is the one that bassel is dealing with. bassel was very friendly and gave me free trial of the remap. the car improved around 0.3sec from 0-100km/hr
                    stock is 5.3 sec, with bassel remap its like around 5.0 sec.
                    sseeese could u please pm me the guy in al ain number.

i agree with u nasser and on saturday i have the trial of 40 hp remap. lets c..
                    bisho u dont need to add anything. u will get around 15-20 hp on ur 330ci
                    Thanks. but I have some points:

1. It's not easy to measure acceleration from 0-100 !! it will not be accurate, best thing to do is to measure it 5 times or 10 times on "0" degree slope road then find the average.

For my 330ci, I tried few times till now (2 or 3 times) with disabling ASC system and handling my phone (timer) and steering wheel in one hand and other hand for shifting (I was not comfortable at all), starting from Zero position, I got best Time 7:55, I tried 80-120, I got 4.90 ... I think if someone handles timing, I may get better time. So what the enhancement you think this chip will provide for me (in the measurement of time 0-100, 80-120)?

2. This chip where will be installed exactly? and will it take time to install it?

3. Will it increase petrol consumption of the car? make it high?
                    Last edited by Bisho; 07-05-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Murat chipped my M3 when it was youssef's, It was "dead" till 4k RPM, dips at 4,500RPM, then goes crazy again till 8,500RPM. It was a setup that didn't help me at all in RLC since the car would be dead coming out of corners. So I got in touch with Basel (a good friend of mine), and he sent Murat's map to PS Tuning and they did confirm the dip in the map @ 4,500RPM. He's shifted my power-in point to 3,000RPM and raised my rev limiter to 9,000RPM (I don't reach 8,000RPM since my engine internals are stock).

Both chips compared, PS Tuning wins my vote. You can see it in the results in RLC. The good thing about these chips is that you can tell them what it is you want from the car and they'll remap it accordingly.

Comment

2 vids below be4 and after remap from 3000rpm till rev limit. kindly comment. this remap is done by bassel. to be honest i didnt feel a huge difference in terms of power.

[youtube]ZfzDhV-FExE&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

[youtube]Rh1aTJiqeVQ&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Comment

Ok, if you're looking into making your engine rev faster then we're talking about serious modding Moe. Namely FI or engine head (cams and what not). A chip will change your power delivery, it changes the power curve shape (per mods setup) with a slight power increase because tuners tap into the safety margin manufacturers leave on the side.

Comment

i think for more power in lower revs you will need to change your flywheel to a lighter one (alluminium), for more power in higher revs you will need to change the cams (shrick)

Comment

Originally posted by Nasser View Post
                              i think for more power in lower revs you will need to change your flywheel to a lighter one (alluminium), for more power in higher revs you will need to change the cams (shrick)
                              Good point...

I have 330ci, before 4000 RPM I feel no power!! the power comes after 4000 RPM....

So now when we change the flywheel, what will happen on high RPM? power will reduce?

Comment

Working...
                              X