No announcement yet.

M52 power quest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ thats a big investment you are talking about here, CF is not cheap for those cars.

I say stick to your plan, try Alphan N and take it from there
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

To begin with, when was CF ever cheap !

I believe in lightening the car first, and then adding power. But, in a car that good looking it's hard ...
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Sewer, hold your horses!!

- Can't run ITBs on the M50/M52 intake manifolds. That's the sum of magic in the S motors. No point in making it available for the M units.

- Wiring harness is the same, no problems or mods AFAIK. Plug & play.

- Car is defo not the right candidate for a diet! It's got BOTH roofs now, but verts were/are fortified by adding chunks of metal here and there to compensate for the missing roof rigidity wise to begin with.

- Software with the head and bottom end modified to S50/52 goodies is the way to go, slap in Bashar's 3.15 LSD (you hear???) in the back and you've got a sprinter that'll embarrass a lot of cars. Time to pack some go in there after the show.

- CF? Not my thing...(unless it's a dry CF monocoque chassis built for a real GT BMW).

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Ayham, the modifications you're mentioning for your M52 are possible when using components from the North American Spec M3 with S50B30 or S52B32. The engine installed in our E36 M3 wasn't much of an M engine. They were essentially modified versions of the M50 and M52. Many parts are interchangeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Active Autowerke View Post
            Sorry to bring up an old thread. Ayham, the modifications you're mentioning for your M52 are possible when using components from the North American Spec M3 with S50B30 or S52B32. The engine installed in our E36 M3 wasn't much of an M engine. They were essentially modified versions of the M50 and M52. Many parts are interchangeable.
            True. Should've mentioned that I'd be using the US Spec M engine parts for this...

Or, an AA snail stuck on the M52. What would be looking at in terms of stages and gains? And what LSD ratio would you recommend?

Comment

well i would say do the following:

1. S52 cams (US-spec M3)
              2. up-grade ur spring valves to the Dual spring set found in the Early E36 models (Non-vanos)
              3. M50 intake manifold
              4. A compatable software to go with the above mods (can be provided by Active Autowerke)
              5. A 3.23 ~ 3.38 LSD diff.
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

Ayham, being a saffer, I must represent... Savspeed does amazing things with the E36 328i (check it out on youtube-"328 savspeed")... we call them "dolphins" or "g-strings" there. As I was saying, Savspeed does mild-to-wild conversions. He even does house-calls-i read an article where he did a conversion on an E36 Evo in the UK: you can get in touch with him at sav@savspeed.co.za. His work looks really good and have seen this guy's cars run at the drags-he is quite famous there with his M3s turbos and supercharged machines.

Think before you act.

Comment

Thanks a mil....I think I've seen some of their cars earlier. But now with the E46 M3 taking away most of the budget, I decided to lay down on the M52 quest for the time being :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Thanks a mil....I think I've seen some of their cars earlier. But now with the E46 M3 taking away most of the budget, I decided to lay down on the M52 quest for the time being :)
                    ayham sorry for the off-topic but why don't you rent out your 328 for the RLC? i'll take it for a reasonable price!

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

It was never a track car, I raced it cuz at the time it was all I had :) It's retired now, 50km a week is the maximum distance it travels now :)

If it were still racing, you could have it for free man!! :slap:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        It was never a track car, I raced it cuz at the time it was all I had :) It's retired now, 50km a week is the maximum distance it travels now :)

If it were still racing, you could have it for free man!! :slap:
                        Why dont you use it for a daily drive and keep the M3 as the garage queen Ayham ?

Comment

I alternate between the two...Can't stay away too much from the M!

Comment

+1

put that car where it belongs

Comment

Working...
                            X