Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedonest View Post
    LOL...

HAHA.. awrite awrite ... relax guys...everyonez entertained with the sarcasm... I am glad.. :)

nice pics as well... I like the flying car.. will make life so much easier...and no viberations :P lol

However, I did notice no one advised about the discoloring of the rims due to heating...what can be done about that...?
    as i understand from the highlighted words that the paint ll gone due to heat....and i think its ok to re-paint the rims, but if the guy working in the back side of the rims..then no need to worry about the color/paint...:)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

glad to see you have a sense of humor. with regards to the discoloration that is normal. Most metals will form some sort of discoloration when exposed to a direct and high intensity heat source such as that used to repair your wheel. The solution is to repaint the wheel. If the wheel has a polished as opposed to painted finish you're pretty much sh1t out of luck; i doubt you can do anything to remove this discoloration.

Originally posted by hedonest View Post
      LOL...

HAHA.. awrite awrite ... relax guys...everyonez entertained with the sarcasm... I am glad.. :)

nice pics as well... I like the flying car.. will make life so much easier...and no viberations :P lol

However, I did notice no one advised about the discoloring of the rims due to heating...what can be done about that...?

Comment

Yes sand blasting :P

thank you for the info..

well my rims are originals n i just noticed if you look at the 3 car picture above next to the BMW club logo.. the visible rims on m3 are the same i've got :) Nyways it seems that I will then have to plan the re-painting of the rims... awrite v'll look into that once I get the rims back..

So I have planned to do give it for repairs day after tomorrow... will keep you all posted on how it goes...

thank you all once again.. :)

Comment

Take some pics of before/after..

Comment

sounds like a plan... will do :)

Comment

Update - the rims have been repaied and fixed on the car... I am quite satisfied with the result considering the amount of damage on the rims... pre & post piks will be posted over the weekend

However, the shaking issue i had hoped will be resolved by this has not. It has definitely reduced by over 80% but it has not been completely eradicated, which has gotten me worried if there is some other problem. Earlier it was the entire car shaking between 100-120kph, but now it can be felt only close to the feet. What do you guys think?

Comment

replace your lower arms bushings.... that's 100% involved

Comment

Working...
                X