Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
    :yippy::yippy::yippy:
    Anyone who tries the HPDS car, let me know how do you feel at the first second you touch the brakes for the first time. I bet you either will laugh or shout.

Comment

will first be from here !! :rofl:
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Well, I have no doubts they'd STOP the car in no time. But, my testing criteria are these:

- How fast they stop the really fast cars among us
        - How much effect they have on the rotors; mine are almost new so they'd be the bench mark
        - How long they'd last under a typical driving style. Bruno and I more or less drive the same, sane on the streets insane on the tracks

So it'll be a very long test ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
          will first be from here !! :rofl:
          I'll add you as a friend and watch every single post you make from this second. Please do it as soon as you have them from Ayham.

Comment

There's no pressure on brake pads with a car as light as our HPDS Club Car with an M42/M44 engine. The real test for any pads would be in heavier, faster cars.

This would show how good pads are...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              - How fast they stop the really fast cars among us
              more about it:please:

Comment

There's no pressure on brake pads with a car as light as our HPDS Club Car with an M42/M44 engine. The real test for any pads would be in heavier, faster cars.

This would show how good pads are...
                it depends on your use. Now, a heavier racing car might need the XP8s but c'mon, a heavier racing car won't be used for autocross. Corvettes, Porsches and other racing cars use XP8s as standard track pads. XP8s are REALLY strong on your use for autocross and street driving.

Comment

Offcourse I was talking autocross and HPDS...

Comment

Mr president, do you think that I would be able to compet in my class now with the addition of these pads:taser:
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                    KW Coilovers V3
                    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

I think you'd wiin first overall....

Comment

Mr president, do you think that I would be able to compet in my class now with the addition of these pads:taser:
                        May I answer this or help you deciding?

Comment

I think you'd wiin first overall....
                          As long as i m in the RLC you will always be 2nd ;-)
                          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                          2006 Z4M - SOLD
                          1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                          2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                          2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                          2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                          1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                          2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                            ^
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                            Schrick cams
                            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                            KW Coilovers V3
                            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                              c'mon dont destroy high hopes in strong youth,lol:ohthedrama:

Comment

Man, you need to see where does your timing stand among the rest. The brake system upgrade is a performance upgrade, it helps overall but it's not done TO WIN.

Someone might think he needs a good braking system if he's always in need for the few seconds that make him 2nd. If you are one of those, you'll find yourself getting ahead of the 1st place on turns, while turning or on the braking area before the turn. The fact that some drivers are FORCED to brake much time and distance ahead, because they know their pads wont help. They expect a brake fade or they know the cars are too strong to brake in a short distance. You will not be among those at all, you will be making a good usage of their negatives.

I hope you get my point.

Comment

Working...
                                X