Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbotech "Preliminary" Review

First of all let me get one thing out of the way:

Go get your Carbotech pads now and forget your braking department here and now.

Right,

The car came back from X Service Centre after a scheduled service, which included installing the new Carbotech AX6 pads and skimming the brake discs (very important). Somehow, since the car was away for a while, I forgot that it now comes with a new arsenal mounted on the 4 corners. Driving fast trying to reach the traffic light before it turns red, then realizing (at a very safe distance I assure you) that I won't make it I slammed the brake pedal. Till now I have no memory that I replaced my pads.

The car stopped dead in its track WELL ahead of my projected stopping point. It took me a few seconds to understand how this happened....I then kept driving to triple-digit speeds and testing what seemed to be too good to be true; it works the same everytime! The pads have given me back my money worth and I'm a VERY satisfied customer with Carbotech pads. Seriously man, my car is equipped with many "smart mods" and this one tops them all...

No turning back to anything less now. Still going to be tested on the next HPDS, I have a feeling they're going to be extraordinary!

woohoo!! this sounds good!...i am next in line for the AX6s!
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

That sounds great Ayham :clap: Im definetely in for this mod once my pads wear out :D

Comment

My pads have 70% life in them and I swapped them out for these....

Comment

good stuff ;)

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I'm happy for you Ayham. I'm really happy you liked them. On every track, remember to stop much later than you used to before. This will make you win anyone else in your group.

The pads you got are the AX6s, you haven't seen the XP8s yet ;)

Comment

Be very sure they'll be ordered!!!

Thanks for a great set Marwan...

Comment

i have my eyes on one of the these

Comment

So the testing went on through last night, and I've got to warn you; just like with all high performance brake pads, squeaking is inevitable at low speed and when the pads heat up. But heck, as long as it stops on a dime! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    So the testing went on through last night, and I've got to warn you; just like with all high performance brake pads, squeaking is inevitable at low speed and when the pads heat up. But heck, as long as it stops on a dime! :D
                    +999999. Everyone says that! By the way, even BMW OEM "ATE" metallic brake pads do squeak on low speeds. My Mini Cooper pads started to squeak at 5K KMs brand new!

A solution is to grease them every now and then. The pads squeak louder when they get hot because they gri much better.

Comment

Ayham, remember to bed in your pads before you go nuts on them. Braking performance and durability will be significantly improved.

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                        Ayham, remember to bed in your pads before you go nuts on them. Braking performance and durability will be significantly improved.
                        +1. And noise will be highly reduced.

Comment

The noise will come back after some time (if you're on AX6 or more aggressive pads). Just have to bed them in again, not a big deal :)

Comment

They sure don't make you look good in traffic (especially with a cherry in a top-down Boxter next to you initially interested :rofl:)...But they more than make up for it. Shak already bed them in for me before delivering the car...

Comment

I wonder if he'd bed them in for me as well :)

Might swing by this afternoon if i have some time... it should be a quick job

Comment

Working...
                              X