Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brazil! oh the drama! Petrolhead do not enter, results inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil! oh the drama! Petrolhead do not enter, results inside!

I cant believe Glock slowed down in the last lap and granted Hamilton the 5th position and the championship! Massa won the round, Alonso second and Kimmi third.

Im so annoyed at the moment!

Next season, although I hate saying this but the one to really watch out for is Alonso! he did great on a slow car imagine next year with the better car!
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

So you did it ?! :D

" Petrolhead do not enter ! " :rofl:
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

yes yes yes!

i don't care about F1 anymore but i was so happy to see the ferrari stand celebrating when massa crossed the line but them hamilton made 5th!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Haissam

Lets vote :bricks:

You guys think im joking but im really annoyed! :cursing::cursing:
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
          I cant believe Glock slowed down in the last lap and granted Hamilton the 5th position and the championship! Massa won the round, Alonso second and Kimmi third.

Im so annoyed at the moment!

Next season, although I hate saying this but the one to really watch out for is Alonso! he did great on a slow car imagine next year with the better car!
          Dude!!!! what are you talking about? Glock did not slow down. Before it started to rain Glock was in P6, when it started to rain Hamilton and Vettel pitted for wet tires, Glock didn't. That's how he got in front of both of them. Before the last lap Glock was 15 seconds ahead, but it started to rain hard. Hard rain with slicks is like driving on ice, thats why Hamilton was able to pass.
          This was probably the most exciting GP final ever, I feel bad for Massa and good for Hamilton.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
          Schrick cams
          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
          KW Coilovers V3
          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

One more thing, Alonso sucks. He is the biggest cry baby ever.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
            KW Coilovers V3
            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
              Dude!!!! what are you talking about? Glock did not slow down. Before it started to rain Glock was in P6, when it started to rain Hamilton and Vettel pitted for wet tires, Glock didn't. That's how he got in front of both of them. Before the last lap Glock was 15 seconds ahead, but it started to rain hard. Hard rain with slicks is like driving on ice, thats why Hamilton was able to pass.
              This was probably the most exciting GP final ever, I feel bad for Massa and good for Hamilton.
              Originally posted by alquazi View Post
              One more thing, Alonso sucks. He is the biggest cry baby ever.
              to each his own opinion :)
              Meskovic

Comment

The last Lap, to me this is more than jusr a rainy track slowing down! :thumbsdown:
                Meskovic

Comment

its a debatable topic....Glock was on drys...he had to slow down to avoid a mishap....same time, i feel he cud have drove a bit more faster and cud have held his line....

Hats off to S.Vettel for that move on hamilton!....he has been a promising fella this season..

I have always been a ferrari fan...and i sure was glad to see Massa and Ferrari win the race...its just bad luck for Massa and a lot of good luck for Hamilton (Maybe Nicole his gf had some lady luck goin :P )

anyways...one of the most exciting race ever in F1 history!!...will go down as the best finale to a season...

Hope the next season will be more promising and hope ferrari drivers will be more consistent :)

Forza Ferrari :D
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

woooohoooooo... Hamilton wins!!!
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Massa victorious, Hamilton champion after nail-biting finish in Brazil

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton is the 30th - and youngest-ever - world champion. Lady Luck was on his side after title rival Felipe Massa dominated at Interlagos. The Brazilian crossed the line first after a pluperfect performance - and seemed to have achieved the impossible - as Hamilton trailed in sixth.

Rain in the closing stages had prompted the first five - Massa, Renault’s Fernando Alonso, Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen, Hamilton and Toro Rosso’s Sebastian Vettel - to pit for wet tyres. Crucially, Timo Glock, running sixth for Toyota, did not.

Massa, Alonso and Raikkonen resumed in first to third places, but Hamilton and Vettel fell behind Glock. That was still good enough for Hamilton. But then, under pressure on the 70th lap, he made a crucial mistake and slid wide. It was all Vettel needed and the Toro Rosso driver pushed through to snatch away the fifth place that Hamilton needed to become champion.

Even as Massa crossed the line, Hamilton was only sixth and the Brazilian was the champion. But as Vettel and Hamilton slammed out of the final corner, Glock’s Toyota was slowing in front of them, the German struggling for grip on his increasingly unsuitable rubber. From the jaws of defeat, the British driver snatched back the crown in one of the most dramatic title deciders in history. No Hollywood script could have been more exciting.

Rain at the start had added to the drama, and saw Red Bull’s David Coulthard make an undignified exit from his last Grand Prix after he was tapped into a spin by Williams’ Nico Rosberg, which then involved Rosberg’s team mate Kazuki Nakajima. Coulthard was out on the spot, while Renault’s Nelson Piquet went off in Turn Three and was also out.

Massa controlled things throughout, with Toyota’s Jarno Trulli soon falling back from an initially strong second-place run as everyone began changing from wet to dry-weather tyres after seven laps. Vettel, running a different fuel strategy to the other leaders, was always a threat, running second ahead of Alonso and pressuring Massa several times before stopping earlier for fuel. Raikkonen ran some way behind this trio, but closed in rapidly on Alonso in the final stages and was close to him as Massa crossed the line 13.2s ahead.

Hamilton took few chances, was always around fourth or fifth, and looked easily on target until that dramatic battle at the end. Glock finished sixth, limping across the line well ahead of McLaren’s Heikki Kovalainen, and Trulli, the final points scorers.

Mark Webber brought his Red Bull home ninth, ahead of the BMW Saubers of Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica, the team thus failing to score for the first time in 2008. Rosberg was 12th ahead of Honda’s Jenson Button, Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Bourdais (whose chances of points were ruined after a clash with Trulli in Turn One), Honda’s Rubens Barrichello, Force India’s Adrian Sutil, Nakajima and Giancarlo Fisichella. The Italian Force India driver was the first to stop for dry tyres on Lap Two, and ran as high as fifth before the inevitable decline as faster machinery hit its stride.

After those gripping final laps there was almost disbelief at McLaren as Hamilton scraped home, but Massa had that covered as he graciously conceded defeat.

“We need to congratulate Lewis,” he said. “He did a great championship, and he scored more points than us, so deserves to be champion.”

Ferrari’s consolation was to win the constructors’ world championship but, ultimately, and in the most dramatic circumstances imaginable, this was Lewis Hamilton’s and McLaren’s day.
                      Meskovic

Comment

Heartbroken Massa gracious in defeat

Ferrari’s Felipe Massa put in the drive of his life at Interlagos on Sunday, doing everything within his power to become 2008 world champion. And as he took the chequered flag he, his team and his family all thought he had done it.

But jubilation rapidly turned to disbelief as just seconds later title rival Lewis Hamilton passed the Toyota of Timo Glock at the final corner to clinch the fifth place he needed to snatch the drivers’ crown from Massa’s grasp. The Brazilian knew how close he had come, but had nothing but praise for the McLaren driver.

"It was an exciting day,” he said. “We did everything to perfection and we almost managed to pull it off. Then, as I crossed the line, (race engineer) Rob (Smedley) told me that Hamilton had finished fifth and therefore he took the title by one point. Sport is like this and one has to accept that. Congratulations to Lewis: whoever gets the most points deserves the title.”

Massa’s only consolation was a magnificent home win, and the knowledge that he and team mate Kimi Raikkonen, who finished third, had done enough to guarantee Ferrari the constructors’ championship.

“I am very proud of the whole team and how much support they have given me during this fantastic season,” he said. “Now we must be happy with what have done, namely bringing home the constructors' title which I know is so important for the team.

“It was a season of highs and lows and we have learned a lot, from the good moments and from our mistakes. I can leave Interlagos with my head held high because once again I have won in front of my home crowd and because this is an unforgettable day. Now I want to celebrate with my family, my friends and my team. We deserve it!"

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali paid tribute to Massa, commenting: “Felipe has grown so much, year after year, demonstrating his talent and personality, answering his critics with his driving and with his mind. He has had an amazing season and would have deserved the title. That's sport, it can sometimes be cruel.”
                        Meskovic

Comment

This is a victory for sport, for F1, for all that is decent. Hamilton has fought a corrupt FIA, ridiculous marshalling decisions, bigotry, racism and just about everything else this season. People accuse Hamilton of being arrogent and undignified in victory...get real, this is a sport dominated by money, glamour and egotism and arrogence is just part of the game.

How anyone can say that this race was "lucky" for Hamilton is beyond me. McLaren, and Ferrari, made a decision with the late onset of rain to get their cars in for wets. Many said that this was a risky move, especially after Hamilton was then passed by two cars to fall from 5th to 7th. However, the decision was proved to be absolutely spot-on as Glock (and others who posted similarly slow final lap time) struggled in the wet and Hamilton took advantage. A brilliant decision, by a brilliant team, executed by a brilliant driver. No conspiracy, no cheating, just good, honest drama. I loved every minute of it.

Fillipe Massa was incredibly humble in defeat and though i was celebrating Hamiltons victory i was sad for Massa. Why Ferrari fans can't have the same, gracious attitude is beyond me. However, i did enjoy the look on Alonso's and Raikonnen's faces at the press conference!

Best moment in sportying history ever: the Ferrari garage, thinking Massa is world champion, being told that Hamilton has overtaken Glock in the last corner to finish fifth to take the world championship...

PRICELESS!!!

Well done Lewis, a fabulous season and a great drive in Brazil. You're a worthy champion and you've made Britain very proud!
                          theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
                          Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
                          Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
                          Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Well if u have mentioned all ferrari fans then you have mentioned me, so i have to reply to you by saying congrats to hamilton, but you are saying that in brazil he was worthy of the championship? man he finished 5th!

in racing you dont just get OFF the racing line and slow down, even on those tires he could have maintained his line, defended his position, if LH overtook him on the last staright then I can understand, but this way is just not what I was expecting the race to end like, honeslty im a ferrari fan, but didnt expect them to win this championship, but they shouldnt lose this way, it just doesnt do the sport justice!
                            Meskovic

Comment

Edit: Some say the LH wanted to finish in top 5 that is why he didnt push for race win, but I dont believe when he was overtaken by vettil that he was playing it safe! he was out driven.......
                              Meskovic

Comment

Working...
                              X