BMW M3 GT4 to Make Race Debut at Nürburgring 24-hour race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M3 GT4 to Make Race Debut at Nürburgring 24-hour race

The BMW M3 GT4 will be making its endurance competition debut at the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring Nordschleife on the 23rd and 24th of May.

But it's not BMW Motorsport which will be fielding the M3 GT4 racer. Its Customer Racing program has handed that honor to Schubert Motorsport, which will run the endurance race with 3 drivers; Augusto Farfus from Brazil, Jörg Müller from Germany, and British driver Andy Priaulx.

Priaulx and Müller normally race for BMW, in competing cars, on the FIA WTCC circuit (World Touring Car Championship) but will lend their skills to help the M3 GT4 prove its mettle on the track for the Schubert team.

The Nürburgring 24-hour endurance race began in 1970 and BMW has been a staple of the event from the beginning. Last year, some 50 of the 150 cars competing were BMW models and BMWs have racked up some 114 class victories in the endurance event, the most of any automaker.

Müller and Priaulx were each part of the winning BMW team which took the race in 2004 and 2005, respectively. They both hope to repeat those victories once more, this time together.

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

What's funny about this car is that it is running on BBS CH which are cast and heavy wheels and not light forged ones :dunno:
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Looks standard!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
        What's funny about this car is that it is running on BBS CH which are cast and heavy wheels and not light forged ones :dunno:
        maybe too much power (if there is such a thing!) so they used heavier rims for stability issues :D
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

And yet, E36M3 mirrors live on!!!
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

seriously nice looking car... hopefully it'll do wonders on the track too! no point in just being a looker ;)
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I like it ... wish if i can drive for one time only

Comment

It just tells me that BMW and affiliated businesses are still doing fine in this crisis. ALL BMW racing programs are still running; F1, BMW Formula racing school, BMWCCA, ALMS (GT2), Koni Challenge, etc...True, cars on the grids are as expected, less, but by a marginal 10% tops compared to last season.

You know why? They invested in the people who drive BMWs. Wish our dealers would realize this sooner than later.

Comment

That's funny because I meet this guy Andre Van der Burg in Bahrain and he was telling me he was getting an M3 GTR4 ready to race. He was at Bahrain for the Porsche Cup series
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                  Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                  KW Coilovers V3
                  WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X