• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Jun 2009: Sheikh Hasher Al Maktoum tests for Alpina BMW in Germany

16 June 2009
    Motorsport News
    Full speed ahead for Sheikh Hasher Al Maktoum

Sheikh Hasher Al Maktoum, one of UAE’s most promising young racing drivers, enjoyed a day testing at the famous Hockenheim circuit with BMW ALPINA factory team. No stranger to competition, the young Emirati has raced in local 24hrs endurance series, Speedcar Series, open wheel formula cars and is a multiple UAE karting champion. This outing was the first time the promising young driver has tested on European race tracks with such a leading touring car team.

The newly developed BMW ALPINA B6 GT3 race car is campaigned in the ADAC Masters, the 24hrs of Nurburgring and the FIA GT3 European Championship series, on the most demanding European racing circuits. The FIA GT3 series will, again, enjoy its final race of the season at the Dubai Autodrome in late November this year. “I am looking forward to putting in some more test time, I love the circuits here in Europe and I am very excited to represent the UAE abroad,” commented Hasher Al Maktoum

“Hasher has shown real speed in the car from the first outing, he has a good technical understanding and is very easy for our team to work with, we look forward to working again with him in the near future,” said Andreas Bovensiepen, team boss and company CEO.

The test was organised through Peter Lanz, UAE based motor sports consultant and multiple touring car champion, himself with a racing career spanning almost 40 years, he is no stranger to Hockenheim circuit, as a touring car champion there, 5 times in succession. "It gives me great pleasure to support Emirati drivers such as Sheik Hasher, who has a very promising racing career ahead of them and I think the BMW ALPINA team can offer the very best driver experience and training."

About BMW ALPINA

ALPINA success in racing spans history and international motorsports with well-known F1 and Touring Car racers such as Niki Lauda, Jacky Ickx, Hans Stuck and Dieter Quester having sat behind the wheel and, among other victories, won the European Touring Car Championship three times. ALPINA celebrate their return this year after a 20year hiatus with the BMW ALPINA B6 GT3, campaigning in several challenging racing series, ADAC Masters, 24hrs of Nurburgring and the FIA GT3 European Championship

source : http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/trackt....aspx?id=14670
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Way to go Sheikh Hasher!!! A dream :drool:

Comment

me and franz raced against him in the NFM 24hr karting endurance race.... looks like a nice guy
      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Used to see him during the UAE Karting Championship. We raced in different classes. Very fast driver, aggressive, and race smart(if you know what I mean).
        He just needs to loosen up and learn to enjoy what he's doing.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
        Schrick cams
        Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
        Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
        KW Coilovers V3
        WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Guess when you get VERY serious about racing, like he is, then you're bound to be tense and aggressive while inside a racing suit! Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            Guess when you get VERY serious about racing, like he is, then you're bound to be tense and aggressive while inside a racing suit! Just a thought...
            Yeah, being relaxed is what seperates the winners from the 'also ran(s)'.

Comment

"and I think the BMW ALPINA team can offer the very best driver experience and training."

why don't they offer us something?!

Comment

we need him in the club...
                sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                2006 Z4M - SOLD
                1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                  we need him in the club...
                  :goodpost:

Comment

:D
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current
                    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      "and I think the BMW ALPINA team can offer the very best driver experience and training."

why don't they offer us something?!
                      They would if you shell out $$. Testing a car means nothing. All it means is that you asked to be qualified or want to test a car out with the team and willing to pay the fees. Karthikeyan walked in to Williams team with Millions of $ backed by Tata. He was made a test pilot (means your career is pretty much done) and never given a ride. He was F3 Asian champ, ran Speed DXB Series etc on the side. Now when you go to his website, it says under construction (you can stick a fork in that driver, he is done).

You can always rent a ride and not make a career out of it if you have $$. Remember to make a small fortune in racing, you need to start with a big one.

Lutfy

Comment

Very interesting Lutfy...

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
                          . Remember to make a small fortune in racing, you need to start with a big one.

Lutfy
                          That's what I always thought, but now I'm out to prove it wrong.
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                          Schrick cams
                          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                          KW Coilovers V3
                          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                            That's what I always thought, but now I'm out to prove it wrong.
                            Well you are special man :1stcup: How many people do you know who are as lucky as you?

Lutfy

Comment

Working...
                            X