Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Open Track Days

From an e-mail I got.
    Please be informed that our next open track evening is on the 4th of June using the 2.46 km Club Circuit. This is available for both Advanced & Newcomers Group.

Date: June 4, 2009

Circuit: Club Circuit

Cost: 600.00 AED

SCHEDULE:

5.30 PM – Arrival – Race Administration (Prompt Arrival please)

6.00 – Briefing Covering Basics (Lines, Hands etc)

6.10 – First Session (Group A Advanced) + additional theory for beginners

6.30 – Familiarization Laps (Group B New Comers)

6.40 – First Session (Group B Advanced)

7.00 – Second Session (Group A Advanced)

7.20 – Second Session (Group B New Comers)

7.40 – Third Session (Group A Advanced)

8.00 – Third Session (Group B Newcomers)

Note: Open for Advanced AND Newcomers Group

Date: June 26, 2009

Circuit: International Circuit

Cost: 800.00 AED

SCHEDULE:

8.30 AM – Arrival – Race Administration (Prompt Arrival please)

8.50 – Briefing

9.10 – Familiarization Laps

9.30 – Open Pits

12:00 – Track Close

Note: Open for Advanced Group ONLY

CONDITIONS:

All drivers must hold road driving licenses
    All vehicles must be in a roadworthy condition.
    Race & Drive School Instructors will be on hand to give advice in briefing room and monitor on track driving techniques.
    Basic advice will be given about how to prepare your car and how to look after it on track days.
    In car “One to One” tuition Instructor sessions available at additional charge of 300 AED.
    All drivers must wear helmets. Helmets can be hired from the Race and Drive School on the day but a Dhs 30 hire fee and a license/other ID deposit will be required.
    Note : No passengers allowed for New Comers Group please
    For car drivers, arms and legs should be covered and appropriate footwear be worn. On the grounds of safety windows should be almost closed when traveling on track to ensure limbs do not fall out and seat belts must be worn at all times when on circuit.
    A minimum of 12 vehicles per evening will be required and the organizers reserve the right to cancel sessions or evenings if this figure is not met.

Dubai Autodrome is proud to partner with TAM Auto Engineering for Track Days and Evenings.

TAM are an engineering and tuning company with a wealth of motorsport and track experience. TAM will be on site to offer the following services:

Full fluid checkup for the cars
    Tyre change if the driver has a different set of tyres to install
    Brake bleeding
    Brake pads change
    Oil change
    Coolant top up
    Fuel
    Technical advices on car setup/conditions.

For more information please visit www.tam-ae.com or call Mohammed Al Tarifi – 050 348 9189
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

I guess it is taking place in Al-Ain????

Comment

no thanks no money!

Comment

wasnt the price400 at one time ?

Or is my memory fading ?
        2008 325i coupe
        Stock

Comment

It was 450AED if I'm not mistaken a number of years ago. But, 600AED for a long time.

Akanso, no this is held at the Dubai Autodrome.

Bruno, No money no honey !
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

It's nice and all, but c'mon which car can do an hour of track driving in this weather?! Last one was a disaster for everybody as no single car did 3 consecutive laps. And for them to charge the same on and off season is simply ridiculous and tells me that motorsports still have a VERY long way to go in terms of officials thinking and strategies...

Comment

^ agreed - with the grill on top of the cars - not many would be able to go all the way. . . the officials really need to do somethinkin in terms of on & off peak rates
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

Not when you're run by a real estate company you don't!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  It's nice and all, but c'mon which car can do an hour of track driving in this weather?! Last one was a disaster for everybody as no single car did 3 consecutive laps. And for them to charge the same on and off season is simply ridiculous and tells me that motorsports still have a VERY long way to go in terms of officials thinking and strategies...
                  I need to write to those folks. Not sure what they are thinking! Last time (a couple weeks back), I could hardly do a single lap before overheating the car. NO ONE including GT3s, GTrs etc. could run safely and later on packed up and left.

DO NOT GO OUT THERE DURING THE DAY! Seriously unless you want to overheat the car and warp the head.

Lutfy

Comment

Good luck talking to them.......Our echos are still in there waiting to be heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      Good luck talking to them.......Our echos are still in there waiting to be heard!
                      Well there is a sucker born every second and only a dumb *** would join the track day and bust a head gasket there.

Lutfy

Comment

but camry's corolla's civics etc would have absolutely no problem to run in such weather!

:rofl:

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
                          Well there is a sucker born every second and only a dumb *** would join the track day and bust a head gasket there.

Lutfy
                          You're So Pissed :rofl:
                          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X