Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Switches From 350Z To 370Z

Originally posted by L.A Times View Post
    This is the 2009 Nissan 370Z coupe, so called because it has a 3.7-liter V6 engine nestling between those distinctive headlights.

That same engine, which is in the Infiniti G37 (Nissan’s luxury coupe), has 330 horsepower. Although there’s some tuning leeway, the 370Z should have a similar rating. The G37 also has the option of a seven-speed automatic transmission, so expect that to be a choice alongside a six-speed manual.

This is the first full redesign of the Z line since the fifth generation came out in 2003. The generation-six 370Z is said to be slightly wider and shorter than its predecessor, which is good for two reasons. First, because it will enhance the car’s stance, making it even more fun to drive. And second, because the trend is usually for successive generations of cars to get bigger, put on more weight and lose the original spirit. By bucking this trend, it shows that Nissan still cares about the driving enthusiast.

Which is no doubt why the company has been working with the makers of the next big video driving game, “Need for Speed: Undercover,” in which players can drive a virtual version before the real model hits the showrooms in the early part of 2009 (the convertible version is due later as a 2010 model). Apparently, Nissan has been making sure that the digital car has the same characteristics (as near as possible, without real physics getting involved) as the road-going machine.

The Los Angeles Auto Show, taking place in November, will be the first place to see the 370Z in three dimensions.

Attached Files
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

i think it looks really cool-reliable and almost sporty as a bimmer

Think before you act.

Comment

In my opinion , The old model looks a bit smoother with great design than the 370z.

( Beside the interior and the engine of course )

Attached Files
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

well the newer model is more curvier....got more accents built into the design....shaped a bit like the Z4MC
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

The front has a slight similarity of the R35, whereas the caramel interior looks hot !

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
            well the newer model is more curvier....got more accents built into the design....shaped a bit like the Z4MC
            You got some point there
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

the new model looks good
              just like the new z4 is gonna look amazing...not! in a few years we will be singing a different tune....

Think before you act.

Comment

That actually looks flippin nice.... I like this model more to be honest
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

My own opinion, it looks like complete shite !!!

Looks like a cheap job at trying to R35 a 350Z to be honest . . .
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                    My own opinion, it looks like complete shite !!!

Looks like a cheap job at trying to R35 a 350Z to be honest . . .
                    She's in the middle anyway ! :taser:
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

ALTIMA COUPE !! :puke:

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

I hate the tail lights! Is that how u get creative? keep swirling around until it looks like the picture above!
                        Cheap looking! the rims look too fancy (girly fancy)!
                        The steering is ugly and whats with those guages on top of nav screen! i wont be able to drive straight with these there! i will keep looking at them thinking someone just crossed the street! hahah!
                        I dont want to judge the car too much :) hehe I love the current z350! and this couls be just as nice, need to see it live!!!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

oh my god!!! i jus realized!!!

It looks like a Frog!!!!!!! :D look at them bulgy eyes and the curvy back stance! :P
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

wazif...er thats a "Z car" styling cue-like the hockey stick and kidney grill on bimmers

Think before you act.

Comment

i think it only looks & runs good on wet surface as advertised.. dubai is sunny so i think nissan sunny is really good here not the z :lol:
                              Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

Working...
                              X