This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Radar in Dubai (ITS SCARY)

Last edited by seat sport club; 20-11-2008, 04:38 PM.

real scarey!
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Might as well put a tracking system in the damn car and get it over and done with!!! :angry:
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

wow, i am impressed... it is really hi tech. if it will help to reduce the number of accidents on the roads, then it is good. actually, since some time i notice the people driving more carefully and slower. the new fines really hurt..
        E46 330CI Convertible
        sigpic

Comment

the radars that are already there arent enough or what

Comment

but i'm yet to see one of those new ones flash?? are they just not activated or do they shoot without flash?

looks like track evenings are gonna be very busy soon :)

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
              but i'm yet to see one of those new ones flash?? are they just not activated or do they shoot without flash?
              +1 Neither I have seen any of those flash :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                +1 Neither I have seen any of those flash :dunno:
                Nope, I heard the new ones don't flash! They are equipped with some lens that doesn't need a flash to capture data. Also, the ones on the second interchange are the ones which are already activated.

Project DVS
                Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

They do flash....

Today a Honda Civic driver was on the left lane of the road doing 120kms and suddenly he jammed his brakes decelerating to about 80kms to avoid being flashed with the new cams, while i was behind him, so i got really pissed and flashed at him couple of times. He switched to the next lane and i went to 130kms and he starts to race me on the freakin street (mad man) so i kept my speed at 135kms while he was gunning his Honda engine, F1 inspired FTW, until he got spanked hard by one of the new cams :kaboom:

Man that was funny...........

Oh the flash is the yellow/orange thing on the top :D so ull know when u get cought.....
                  sigpic
                  iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                  Falcons Garage
                  Carbotech

Comment

everyone's saying they don't flash maybe because they're not activated yet :dunno:

but look at the one in the first pic, that round thing at the top behind the glass is definitely a flash!

EDIT: just noticed bashar's comment so i guess that closes the question.. but bashar was that during the day or night? coz maybe they don't flash during the day :dunno:

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

guys not all of them work... and if they do work not all of them work on both sides. mark my words!

Comment

It was at night haissam and i think they would also flash at during day light.....

I mean the flash is freaking yellow color.... i think its there to inform u that ur screwed hehe...
                        sigpic
                        iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                        Falcons Garage
                        Carbotech

Comment

Ive seen them getting installed at around every 3 kms on Dubai-Al Ain highway, so be careful mates.. Moreover I guess they dont flash cuz they're not activated yet, you're right guys..

Comment

man they're planting those things like trees, there's more of them every day
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                            Schrick cams
                            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                            KW Coilovers V3
                            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

like palm trees....lol
                              i am glad for cruise control-helps control speeding tickets...

Think before you act.

Comment

Working...
                              X