Another one bites the dust !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one bites the dust !

I don't understand these people...Is stuffing a Toyota engine in a BMW something theyre destined to do from childhood ? Theyre life long dream ?

The cars already have highly engineered and very very successful engines, as we all know through the endless Engine Of The Year Awards. So, why spoil it with a Toyota engine ?

Is this dude that stupid ? You wanted to turbo the car ? Theres millions of kits out there, but noooo. Youre so fcuking stoopid you had to stuff a whole different engine AND leave it auto. . .Honestly, whre do these people and their spelling come from ??

I'll leave the rest to you :
    http://motors.souq.com/item.php?id=4...search_cat_nav
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

I share your feeling dude.
    sigpic
    Current
    2005 Ford Explorer
    History
    2006 Dodge Durango 5.7
    2001 323ci (Manual) :bmw3:
    2002 Ford Escape 3.0
    2000 Peugeot 306 1.6
    1983 E30 3.18ci (My first love):bmwfan:

Comment

it's just a cheap project car so i don't mind it..

when i read your post i though someone swapped an S54 or something like that for a supra engine..

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

the problem here is that people dont even bother

they want cheap/quich power

many modefied Supras here, so the easiest thing is to fit a supra engine, and modefy it like u own a supra...

i have low respect for those people, cuz they dont put effort to explore the real potential of BMW engines ...
        Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
        19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
        M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

+1^

I mind big time, that was the 335i of the E30's. The 2.7l M-Tech .
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

WHere can I get a supra engine for my car:lol:
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
            KW Coilovers V3
            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

In case you'd want one (for a different platform), let me know ;)

Comment

If i had an E30 and i want crazy po0wer figures i would def. go with a Supra 2Jz or might go with an LS1 engine swap......and thats for many reasons:

1. Has been done before, and proven to be a reliable setup
                2. Cheap and cheap to run and modify
                3. BMW engines are expensive and complicated to modify and tune, not to mention maintanance parts (wweeee)

I mean guys lets be serious an E30 with an M20 engine is really hard to shake any hp from with its head design and 2 valves per cylinder (need alot of work to breath), an M50 engine is the best engine available but its limited unless ur welling to spend everyth u have on it, and i wont be talking about any M engine.....

So for a fast car project on a budget a supra enigne doesnt sound that crazy....
                sigpic
                iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                Falcons Garage
                Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                  If i had an E30 and i want crazy po0wer figures i would def. go with a Supra 2Jz or might go with an LS1 engine swap......and thats for many reasons:

1. Has been done before, and proven to be a reliable setup
                  2. Cheap and cheap to run and modify
                  3. BMW engines are expensive and complicated to modify and tune, not to mention maintanance parts (wweeee)

I mean guys lets be serious an E30 with an M20 engine is really hard to shake any hp from with its head design and 2 valves per cylinder (need alot of work to breath), an M50 engine is the best engine available but its limited unless ur welling to spend everyth u have on it, and i wont be talking about any M engine.....

So for a fast car project on a budget a supra enigne doesnt sound that crazy....
                  +1

price is always a factor :)

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

+2

^ Good Point
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current
                    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

I'm a purist . . . :bmwbest:

If youre talking about, let's say a Wrangler that needs plenty of horse power and torque for offroading. Then no problem. But, an E30 ... Just stick with a Supra ...

And, about LS1 powered BMWs. That's complete stupidity. The point of a BMW is handling, a V8 that weight 200+KG sitting on the front axle leaves nothing of handling .

And, we all know. BMW's are not drag racers. That's what Mustangs are for !
                      Last edited by SewerSideUp; 28-12-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

You'd be surprised how light the LS1 is; around 320Ibs. And regarding the weight distribution, a well selected spring rate up front should remedy the problem, assuming the new engine CG is at the same point as the OE engine relative to the front axel.

I'm not a fan of these swaps myself, but thought I'd be subjective here and explain the physics..

Comment

racing fuel pumb <<-- :rofl:

Comment

And ofcors, yu git the custome anglich (english) wth car !

Comment

^ huh ??
                              sigpic
                              07' HFP Accord | Current
                              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Working...
                              X