Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHat to do with the window rubber trim????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHat to do with the window rubber trim????

Hi all,

Okay i'm having this issue with the rubber trim around my windows (see pic below). I replaced the old trim with new ones from the dealership, but few months have passed now and they look exactly the same as the old ones!

Can i buy the chrome trim (what comes on regular e46 coupe) and paint it black? or is the chrome trim too thick? would it fit on an M3?
    What is the solution???

Thanks!

sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

is it the rubber around the trim or the trim itself? the picture is too small fro me to see what you're talking about

Comment

I think it is the only rubber piece there. Okay when the window is up, its the only thing you can touch from outside! lol :)
      Last edited by LSB_M3; 19-02-2009, 07:43 PM.
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

I hate drawing! lol, okay here....

sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Does no one know about this??? :(
          sigpic
          Audi R8 - White / Blk
          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

regarding the rubber, I guess you park the car under the sun at noon, so the only solution is to intensively use rubber conditioner + UV protector, else keep replacing :dunno:

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Would i be able to buy the chrome trim (what comes on regular e46 coupe) and paint it black? or is the chrome trim too thick? would it fit on an M3?
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

LSB, I had the chrome trim on the exterior of my windows and I got them painted black. At first after couple of washes you might notice the black paint peels off due to the slippery chrome trim, but get it painted right with the right garage, they take off the chrome first and then paint it black. I got it done that way, 2 months passed and no any issues until now.. Hope this helps

Comment

But i dont know if the chrome trim fits on M3s. Does it?
                  U did this for your M5. Meaning u already had chrome and then painted it. I have the rubber, and i'm trying to see if its possible to replace it with the chrome plastic trim and then do the painting.
                  Does anyone know? Would this chrome trim fit M3s perfectly?
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

The M5s come either with the chrome or the black which is called shadowline trim, I really have no idea about the M3s :dunno: Im sure if it comes on regular E46 coupes then it should fit on your M3 too.
                    The M3 guys know better than me about this :)

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                      The M5s come either with the chrome or the black which is called shadowline trim, I really have no idea about the M3s :dunno: Im sure if it comes on regular E46 coupes then it should fit on your M3 too.
                      The M3 guys know better than me about this :)
                      I know the M5 situation, i used to own one with chrome, but i ended up buying the matt black finish from the dealership! paid a lot! and that was the cheaper choice compared to the shinny black finish! ;) I never thought they could be painted, lol dont know why!

I'm waiting for input from M3 fellows!
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Before and after....

sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Yes the dealer here told me the black trim would cost me AED 3000 without installation, which made me browse the net and I found out that you can actually paint it, way cheaper than the stealer. Good Luck with your query :)

Comment

I still prefer that you research it really well, before you do anything ! ;)
                            sigpic
                            07' HFP Accord | Current
                            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Well, thats why i'm asking here :) hopefully someone knows about this....
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X