Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in from RTA/police..Beware!!

you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!

Please be advised that effective from the 21st March, the Dubai Police and RTA have introduced new regulations relating to the use of mobile phones whilst driving.
    It is advised to not to talk AT ALL on the phone while driving, but if it is an emergency always use hands free mobile phones for a brief communication over the phone when driving.
    Anyone caught using a mobile phone whilst driving, without hands free, will be fined AED5000/- and his/her vehicle will be impounded for 15 days.
    2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

daaaaaaaaaayyyyuuuummmmmm!!!

Thanks for the heads up BB!
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

ok

Comment

Get your headsets on guys !!

Comment

read that earlier - luckily my car & iphone love each other :P
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

Wasn't this regulation introduced a few years back :dunno:... nobody was enforcing it.
            Anyways, I have always been using a headset or the car speakers for talking.

Thanks for the head's up
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i just landed and people are telling me that they got owned by dubai police... all this in my absence wtf?!

Comment

The same rule was introduced here in Kuwait, and what was the outcome???
                (1) advertising all over the place warning people and asking them to buy hands free kits....Kuwait radio, tv, etc made money.
                (2) places selling those kits, bluetooth, etc raised their prices to meet the high demand...sold lots and made money.
                (3) the rule was followed for exactly 2 days! local Kuwaitis who think and believe that rules and regulations dont apply to them ignored this completely! then it was the rest of expats who followed the footsteps of their fellow Kuwaitis!

Now a days, i ALWAYS see policemen driving and using their cell phone!

I'm not sure how it will go in UAE, but i do respect the fact that the majority of people (locals and expats) do follow the law! and policemen do enforce and give tickets to violaters!
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

owned for using their mobiles?! I think the country is desperate for some money!

I just read that they increased airport services charges from AED 30 to AED75... WTF?!
                  sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Couple of days ago I read that unmarried couples are not supposed to hands in Public

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                      Couple of days ago I read that unmarried couples are not supposed to hands in Public
                      Excuse me ?
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                        Excuse me ?
                        I know its an offtopic what I post, but read the rules my son before holding your partner's hands in public next time.. :)

DUBAI (Alarabiya.net, AFP)

Playing loud music, dancing, nudity, kissing and even holding hands in public is considered inappropriate behavior under new guidelines laid down by the authorities of Dubai, according to a press report on Saturday.

Dubai Executive Council issued a list of public behaviors that requires Dubai residents and visitors to respect the customs of the Muslim country and avoid what the council considers inappropriate behavior, according to the Arabic-language daily Al Emarat Al-Youm.

" Pants and skirts have to be of appropriate length, and outside clothing should not expose body parts indecently and should not be transparent "

Dubai Executive Council

The rules, which apply to all public places, include a ban on all forms of nudity, playing music loudly and dancing, exchange of kisses between men and women—and even on unmarried couples holding hands.

Any breach of the guidelines, by nationals or expatriates, carries a possible prison penalty, the paper wrote.

The order also requires all visitors of public places, such as government buildings, shopping malls, streets and restaurants to dress in “appropriate” clothing, otherwise they would be denied entrance to those areas.

“Pants and skirts have to be of appropriate length, and outside clothing should not expose body parts indecently and should not be transparent,” the guidelines stipulate under section “public behavior,” Al Emarat Al-Youm wrote.

In addition, the council ordered that anyone caught under the influence of alcohol—even a small amount—outside designated drinking areas is liable to being fined or imprisoned, the paper added.

Dubai, a member of the seven-emirate United Arab Emirates, has a diverse culture as it is home to a foreign population made up mainly of low-skilled workers from Asia and Western professionals.

Unlike most of its neighbors in the conservative Gulf region, the emirate tolerates a relatively relaxed dress code and hosts dozens of hotels that have bars and clubs, where alcohol is legally served.

However, a series of incidents, including crackdowns on cross dressers and the expulsion of two British expats found guilty of having love on the beach, has thrown into the limelight the sometimes clashing local and foreign cultures.

Dubai Executive Council issued a list of the Appropriate Public Behavior, obliging Dubai Locals, Expatriates and Visitors on respecting its Social, Cultural, Religious and Customary ethics.

The list ‘Obtained by Emirates Today News Paper’ compels locals, residents and visitors on respecting the country’s values, morals and believes by avoiding all kinds of inappropriate behaviors throughout the whole Emirate.

The list has been circulated throughout Dubai’s Governmental Departments and Private Companies.

Under the Article of Public Moral Code, the list stressed on the importance of respecting the UAE’s icons, including but not limited to it’s Governors, Flag, National Symbols…etc.

According to the list, any insolence of the aforementioned will be considered a crime.

Visitors of all public places in the Emirate, including but not limited to Governmental Buildings, Shopping Malls, Restaurants and other are obliged to wear suitable clothes at all times. Individual wearing improper/indecent clothes will be banned of entry.

The list obliges visitors of both genders to wear accepted swimming attires at beaches and swimming areas (in respect of society’s culture & values). It also prohibits wearing swim wear afar swimming areas as stipulated by the General Dress Code applicable to the rest of the Emirate (Decent Clothing).

Nudity of all sorts and kinds is strictly prohibited and is penalized with imprisonment and ejection.

Under the Article “Behavior Between Sexes”, the list strictly prohibits several actions in public such as: any kind of; kissing, cuddling, fondling, sexual harassing, harassment of women, hand holding or any other act that can be considered as abrasion of modesty. Any individual who conduct such act will in violation to Public Decency which can be penalized with imprisonment and ejection.

---->> Only married couples are permitted to hold hands in decent ways that does not harass public civility.

Hence Dancing and disturbing Loud Music in Public places such as beaches, parks and residential hoods is forbidden; its allowed in its designated places.

Alcohol and Drudges: Alcohol is only allowed in its licensed places. Any breach will be punished with imprisonment and fine.

Drugs are strictly forbidden. Its position, consumption or trading is con considered a crime.

Drivers caught under alcohol effects will be legally accountable for the consequences which may lead to expulsion.

Drivers should use head sets. All vehicle passengers including driver are obliged to wear seat belts. Children must be seated in the back seats. Road way must be vacated to Police, Ambulance and Fire department cars. Drivers are prohibited from stopping to watch accidents. Pedestrians must be respected.

Smoking is restricted to its permitted areas. Violators will be held accountable.

Any chemicals that affect the mind is prohibited, and consuming it is punishable by law.

Verbal abuse of all kinds, offensive hand gestures or any other aggressive or malevolent gestures is a violation panelized with fine and imprisonment. All nationalities and religions must be respected. Old civilians, disabled and pregnant woman should be given priority when necessary. Whistling, Loud conversations and laughter should be avoided.

Spreading or circulating false roomers, news’s or jokes that harasses public security, peacefulness and health will be punishable.

Being cautious while taking photographic pictures is necessary. Photographing women and families on purpose without taking permission is publicly un accepted in Dubai.

The list has allocated a special article on the Islamic Religion & Other Religions, obliging those concerned to switch off music in public places or in Cars in proximity to Mosques or when the Call for Prayer ‘Muslim Athaan’ is on.

In the Month of Ramadan, Eating, drinking and smoking in public places is strictly forbidden. Those who breach will be legally accountable.

The list has stressed on restricting any religious activity, Islamic or non Islamic unless permitted through competent authorities.

Comment

what is going on?! Dubai thrived on being the most liberal... I guess they got fed up of the way people abused it...
                          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

respect respect respect to the emarati government
                            i like the regulations with all the respect to everybody's culture
                            if UAE respected the expats culture......expats have to respect UAE culture
                            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

well this article has not been validated by the govt...they have refused to comment bout it... dont know if its true or not...but better be safe than sorry :)
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                              X