Mansory Chopster 710hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mansory Chopster 710hp

Leave it to Mansory to combine classic hot rods, modern SUVs and tuner cars into one package. The Porsche Cayenne S-based Chopster debuted in Geneva as a unique work of automotive art.

"Now, wait a minute," you're thinking. "Didn't Rinspeed have a chop-topped Cayenne called the Chopster back in 2005?" That's absolutely true, it did. Mansory purchased Rinspeed's tuning division back in November, however, the new Chopster has been unveiled as a product of that merger.

The Chopster doesn't cut any corners. Most obvious at a glance is the chopped roof, which has been lowered 60mm. A wild carbon-fiber body kit includes the hood, front and rear aprons and doors, and the Chopster has been widened by 80mm. A striking raw-carbon and red finish is set off by a gaping maw of a front air intake that hides four extra headlights. 23-inch wheels are on hand to make space for the monstrous brakes--420 x 40 mm up front and 375 x 30 at the rear.

Why so serious about stopping? In addition to being considerably lighter thanks to the extensive use of carbon, the Chopster's had some work done under the hood as well. Mansory has installed a larger turbocharger and remapped the engine, resulting in 710 horsepower (522 kW) and 900 nM torque from the Cayenne's V8. A unique adjustable exhaust header allows the driver to select the noise level and quality.

You can probably guess what's on the inside. In addition to lots of leather and yet more carbon, the Chopster features a refrigerator, DVD player and an Internet-capable laptop with monitor screens in the headrests.

by worldcarfans.com / autogespot.com

Who would want to be seen driving around in one of those alien looking things ?

Not me for sure

eugh
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

Eventhough i dont like over done cars, this one seems alright! I think its the carbon fiber, back diffuser, and exhaust opening! all doing it for me :) :) :)
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Carbon Fibre body :drool:
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

carbon fiber= heaven! :bow:

Comment

That's the ugliest thing Ive ever seen.
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
              That's the ugliest thing Ive ever seen.
              R U INSANE!?!?!!?!

that thing is $#% on wheels dude!! Damn it aggressive and good looking!
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I like...Lot's of engineering hours on that thing!!

An "adjustable header"!! Now that's something that'll keep me busy for a while...Butterflies me thinks.

Comment

Dont like it much really, the front end looks like a Spider's nest and the rear muffler opening is that of a Bugatti Veyron.. :thumbsdown:

Comment

I dont like CF bodies . .

Dont eat me bruno
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

Bruno would eat you alive ! :rofl:

It's a foil... right ? :)
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        I like...Lot's of engineering hours on that thing!!

An "adjustable header"!! Now that's something that'll keep me busy for a while...Butterflies me thinks.
                        Just saw that, didn't read the description first. Butterflies, cut outs ?
                        You can't have adjustable headers on a turbo'd engine, you'd be changing boost that way. Probably the exit pipe from the exhaust side of the turbo.
                        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I do agree that the engineering precision in making the external design is just fantastic, but the overall product does not look right, it looks even worse in person, trust me. I think it was the orange

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                            Just saw that, didn't read the description first. Butterflies, cut outs ?
                            You can't have adjustable headers on a turbo'd engine, you'd be changing boost that way. Probably the exit pipe from the exhaust side of the turbo.
                            Hence the "a lot of engineering hours on that thing" comment...

Now it can't be an infinitely adj. system. Must be on preset angles...

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                              Dont like it much really, the front end looks like a Spider's nest and the rear muffler opening is that of a Bugatti Veyron.. :thumbsdown:
                              its the same performance company ssense (MANSORY)

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                              Bruno would eat you alive ! :rofl:

It's a foil... right ? :)
                              noooo man, its not a foil, its true carbon fibre body

Comment

Working...
                              X