Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you say to someone who says the following statement......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you say to someone who says the following statement......

Hi all...

Just curious, what would u say to someone who says the following statement:

"H&R springs are CRAP (ZBALEH in arabic)". As simple as that. Please comment and be honest.

Thanks!
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

H&R is crap... nothing wrong with that :)

Comment

Ask him if he tried it before ??!! :spank:

& Bruno, this is for you ... :spank2::spank2:
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

He never did. Thats his conclusion after doing some research.

What i want to stress here is that i'm not saying they are the best, cause they are not. But to call them crap, that i dont agree to!
        I've had them for 2 years now, and they are wonderful!
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

They are good, but not that best ! :msolved:
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

When u say crap that means they are horrible and a bad investment in the car! Saying good, implies that they are ok, and sure they are not the best (i 100% agree on that).
            I dont think H&Rs should be placed in the CRAP category! lol!
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
              They are good, but not that best ! :msolved:
              :iagree:

Comment

they are good that's for sure, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about.. hmm unless he's massa or alonso & he meant they're crap for racing hehe..

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Lowering / performance springs should always be matched to the damping rate of the shocks. Some aftermarket springs are designed to work well with OEM components/dampers/shocks (e.g. SWIFT springs have a spring rate specifically matched to optimize against the Evo IX's Bilstein shocks) and actually improve performance at the expense of some ride comfort. On the other hand, some lowering springs are poorly matched and will result in premature failure of the shocks and bushings.

The knife cuts both ways, and in many cases, many people are too damn ignorant to know/research better, and rather blame the manufacturer/product rather than their own ignorance at not researching or listening to uneducated sources (i.e. hearsay)

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                    Lowering / performance springs should always be matched to the damping rate of the shocks. Some aftermarket springs are designed to work well with OEM components/dampers/shocks (e.g. SWIFT springs have a spring rate specifically matched to optimize against the Evo IX's Bilstein shocks) and actually improve performance at the expense of some ride comfort. On the other hand, some lowering springs are poorly matched and will result in premature failure of the shocks and bushings.

The knife cuts both ways, and in many cases, many people are too damn ignorant to know/research better, and rather blame the manufacturer/product rather than their own ignorance at not researching or listening to uneducated sources (i.e. hearsay)
                    You got me lost brother! lol sorry i'm not good with technical stuff.
                    Conclusion please??? ;)
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

LSB, i like your Rims :1stcup:

I think mine are the same but in different color, i am considering to paint them silver after seeing yours
                      sigpic

Comment

:iagree:

Comment

Thank God Luay !! :bow::bow::bow:

Now back to topic please... :)
                          sigpic
                          07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

H&R were used by the local Toyota dealer here in Saudi for some "sporty look" Camry.

The OEM JCW Mini Cooper 2006-2000 suspension is H&R!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                              You got me lost brother! lol sorry i'm not good with technical stuff.
                              Conclusion please??? ;)
                              Simply put, if you buy springs that are designed for the 'look', i.e. lowering, and think that stiffer = better, it may end up killing (e.g leaking) your shock absorbers in months or even weeks.

Springs have a spring rate, e.g. 10kg/mm, meaning it takes 10kg of compression force for the spring to compress 1 mm. Likewise, shock absorbers have a rate of rebound, i.e. how fast it pushes back against compression. Springs rates and rebound rates must be matched -- think of them as acting in sync. If they act out of sync, rather than working together in tandem, they will act against each other and make the car more unstable and unpredictable.

As such, one cannot say if H&R springs are good or bad, because if the wrong spring rate is used, then handling would be worse than stock, and the shock absorbers will be damaged in a short time, and that is why some people would say that the springs are rubbish -- besides who would openly admit that they failed to do their homework/research and bought the wrong parts and screwed up their own car, when it is so much easier to blame the springs for being lousy?

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Working...
                              X