Aramex Shop n' Ship - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aramex Shop n' Ship - Thoughts?

Hey all, in my never ending search of trying to whittle down expensive shipping costs for cool car mods, Bruno has pointed me to the Aramex service, shop n ship.

What I'm looking for is testimonials as to just how cheap and efficient this service is. I'm a little paranoid that I can't figure out how much the item will cost to ship through the service until it actually ships.

For instance, I was able to ship an axle back exhaust system for about 280US using TNT. Normal UPS would have cost 480+. Anyone do better with Aramex?

Let's hear some shipping success stores :P.
    -Dirk
    2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
    sigpic

I use Aramex's ship and shop. Its not a cheap option because aramex only offers one kind of service from the states! Once ur item is in the states (in my case NY), it takes about 4 days to arrive here in Kuwait. For the first half a kilo, its 3 KD which is about 40 dirhams. then each half a kilo after is 2.5 KD which is about 33 dirhams. And according to dimentions of the box the calculation adds up a charge.
    I dont think its a cheaper option, but the only reason i have it is because some sellers in the states or outside are not willing to ship to our area, they charge high fees, or the item takes foreverrrrr to get to you!
    Using Aramex's ship and shop has been great for smaller light weight items, thats all.
    So its good to have in that sense.
    I hope this helps.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

i've used them over the last 2-3 years & they're good.. shipped many items from ebay & car parts :)

they have all the info on their site with a rate calculator :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

S&S is NOT cheap....

I hear FedEx are cheap, need to look into them as well.

Comment

It depends, certain items SnS is cheaper than FedEx, but sometimes it is the other way around.
          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

I always feel like fedex is the high class way of shipping! they are always organized, uniform is nice, etc etc! I've always found them more expensive!
            Aramex is good when it comes to shipping around our areas. Much cheaper than fedex or dhl.
            But like Ayham said, Ship and ship from aramex is not cheap! this goes back to what i said earlier, they only have one kind of service from the states, a fast one! if they offered something less fast like a week or ten day delivery then it would have had a lower price to ship.
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

I'd be pleased if Aramex S&S would allow me to ship my detailing gear in. No liquids, they say. *grrrr*

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Huh, not cheap eh... Well, USPS is cheap but there are size limitations, so things like spoilers, bumpers, stuff like that, aren't doable.

Oh well, nice to know it's a good service at least! Their online shipping calc is expensive, was hoping the rates for SnS was better :P.

Thanks for the feedback all!
                -Dirk
                2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
                sigpic

Comment

i've many things through the aramex S&S... it will work fine as long as the items that you intend to ship are light

Comment

Back at the days I started the business, I visited every single shipping company, even Emirates Cargo!!

DHL are giving me unbeatable prices. Our account is setup at more than 40% off list price. I ship liquids and any kind of goods. Many of you have realized how fast DHL service is, with outstanding tracking service at my end.

Comment

Aramex S&S is not cheap... Shipping 2 front rotors via our DHL account is 25% less than Aramex, and double time faster too.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                        I always feel like fedex is the high class way of shipping! they are always organized, uniform is nice, etc etc! I've always found them more expensive!
                        Aramex is good when it comes to shipping around our areas. Much cheaper than fedex or dhl.
                        But like Ayham said, Ship and ship from aramex is not cheap! this goes back to what i said earlier, they only have one kind of service from the states, a fast one! if they offered something less fast like a week or ten day delivery then it would have had a lower price to ship.
                        Sorry to tell you FedEx sucks.

Let me give you a story:
                        What made FedEx big is that they invented the tracking service. Back at the days only USPS was there, FedEx was looking for something extra to get a bigger market share, and they came up with the tracking service. It reached a level that USPS bought or leased FedEx tracking service, and I think that USPS are still relying on FedEx in some cases.

The funny thing is, if you go to FedEx to pickup or your package, or let's say you call their help line to inquire about the shipment, only tracking number is ccepted!!! If you have everything you can imagine about shipper or consignee (phone, zip code, full name, full address, email or anything else...) you can not get any help. Imagine??

FedEx service sucks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                          I'd be pleased if Aramex S&S would allow me to ship my detailing gear in. No liquids, they say. *grrrr*
                          Use DHL habibi.

Comment

I used to always compare prices for the three shipping co (fedex, dhl, aramex). Aramex was always cheaper! So i stopped this comparison, and started using aramex for all my shipments!
                            Their service is pretty good for a Jordanian Company! Fedex, DHL, are all International corporations much bigger in size and capital compared to Aramex! yet they deliver same if not better (from experience) service!

I will check with DHL again regarding their rates, or if they have a similar service like ship&shop.
                            sigpic
                            Audi R8 - White / Blk
                            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

FedEx sucks. They weer supposed to have delivered my replacement credit cards and asked me to wait, told me the guy would come between 9 am and 11 am, and the guy never came till almost 7 pm, and all the while, they lied to me and said he was on the way.

NEVER GO WITH FEDEX. THEY ARE LIARS. Worst customer service EVER.

Marwan, if you are able to ship brake fluid to Dubai, will you also be able to ship some detailing spray products?

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Working...
                              X