Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know lot's will hate me

Hi All,

I've made some good friends on this forum & some I met in events done.

Now what I'll say is not against anyone or any club.

I'm a muslim in a muslim country and we pray 5 times a day I'm sure most of you know that. I like to be in the events but all events does not give prayer time ? Or it just ignores it which forbides me from coming.

You might say,, well abdulla ur alone so minus one person is nothing,, I just would like to be in the events but the timing does not help at all.

Thank you for ur time :)

2008 BMW M3 / White
    2006 Range Rover Sport / Black (sold)
    2004 VW Touareg / Silver (sold)
    2001 Audi A8 / Silver (sold)
    1999 Opel Omega / Silver (sold)
    1998 Lumina LTZ / Maroon (sold)
    1994 Opel Vectra / white (sold)

Hey Abood :)

First thing, I doubt anybody will hate you for this.
    I'm a non-muslim as many are aware, but i completely understand your point of view, and where you're coming from and i most sincerely do respect your opinion.

In the past - such as for the Jebel Hafeet drive, a time slot had been allotted for prayers and most members supported the decision.

Im sure the moderators & Organisers will keep your request in P.o.v and consider it the next time they schedule such an event.
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

we do understand ur point, and believe me nobody will hate u for this thread :)

i'm assuming ur talking about the noon prayer which makes organizing the events a bit tricky since noon time is exactly the middle of the day! but we always try to consider having a time for prayer after 12:00..

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I Respect that ...
        And i dont think anyone will hate you for this ... :)
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Abbood Thanks for this thread & you are not alone, more than one guy from the club pray.

I also must pray all prays, I attended two meetings and prayed all prays hamdu le Allah but I had some difficulties specially first one (April meet and eat) cuz the leave time from Abu Dhabi was at Al Maghrib, but Hamdoulla I prayed at mosque in Rahba Gas Station.

Second meeting had no problem, prayed Al Dohor at Mosque and Al Asir at Super Carz, and maghrib near Tchi Tchi Coffe shop. Timing was flexible.

Good point man and no one should hate me or you or anyone prays, I am sure will adore that :)
          Last edited by Bisho; 05-05-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

no worries abood, we all respect your consideration and im sure the club board will take care of this issue and those people who are responsible for these events

Comment

Thanks alot abood am sure no one would hate you for this thread and all of us do respect the timings of prayers and really thanks you for openeing this subject and trust me any event ill be there and will be praying inshala
              Do one thing everyday that scares you

Comment

Why would anybody be upset with you??? :)

You're 100% correct in that regard Abdul and we will work around this crucial timing on the next events. But in fairness it's not like we haven't tried, hard too. It's more difficult than what you think....But, I'd love to be able to stop for the prayers too.

We will find a way, like always. Thanks for the great feedback!

*So, joining the May 29th HPDS??? :D*

Comment

No one will hate you for that, not at all!!! :)
                  U are absolutely right, there should be some consideration for prayer time, no doubt.
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

actually i respect u for raising the point....it is not offensive to anybody :)
                    u r good company buddy ...someone who reminds his fellows of prayers is to be liked not hated
                    VERY GOOOOOOOD POST
                    i am sure ayham and the guys will take care of it .....especially next HPDS coz the mosque was closed last time when i went to pray zohr
                    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

You see that's the thing in some events, the only booking we could secure from the track is from 12:00PM till 4:00PM, so it's either we take it or leave it.

However, for people who wish to pray noon prayer they can do so and those who stay behind can use their time on the track till they come back and then we'd compensate for the time they spent praying.

Comment

Working...
                      X