International Competetion Driving License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Competetion Driving License

How can I obtain an international Competition Lisence? I emailed ATC some time ago and got no reply :nono:
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Best thing to do is to go down there! Do they have it on their website?

Comment

You said you were going to check for me :( I hate having to drive to that part of dubai! :hide:

I met a guy at the sprint chllge the other day and he was doing some track time to get some sort of lisence, I will have to check about this with the autodrome
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

I'll check it out for you my own way....

From the top of my head, I know that you take some sort of course at the Autodrome's Racing School then take their certificate to the ATC to give you the license. But I know it ain't cheap!

Comment

but its a must!

Im planning to hit the Rumman hill climb next year
          Meskovic

Comment

Hell yea!!! Hopefully we'd have 3 cars FIA-ready by then to do that, in addition to Bassam Mughraby's FIA E30!! (start saving for bodywork repairs!!)

Bring it on...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveA
              Monodose,

The race school will send you the flags to learn. On the day you go, you watch an old "get started in racing" video for about 30 minutes, then you do a written test. you are supposed to get 100%. If you don't they will go over the questions you got wrong with you afterwards and give you a chance to redo it. Then you do some laps in the Audi TT which is auto. the instructor looks to see if you understand the track lines, braking, turn in points etc. This part is instructional and they will help you.

After that you swap to the crappy Subarus and do about 5 laps x2 with two differnet instructors. This part is a test and they want to see you driving smoothly, see if you can heel and toe, drive on the correct lines, braking properly etc. You don't have to be super fast, but you need to keep off the kerbs and drive smoothly.

I did it a few weeks back and it was no big deal. Two other guys who really were newbies still managed to pass despite driving pretty bad from my perspective. :wink: I got told off for running wide onto a kerb on one corner, but I was going a lot faster than the others and lapped one guy in only 3 laps..hehe. At the end of the day all they are looking for is that you are smooth and safe. As Tariq said, they just want to feel like they would be happy racing with you on the track beside them.

At the end of it all, assuming you don't screw up, they give you a certificate which you take to ATC after doing a medical. Haven't done that yet .
              Hope this helps guys
              Meskovic

Comment

Sweet! We'll do this test after the HPDS, what say you?

Comment

Working...
                X