Aramex And The Unshippable Oil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aramex And The Unshippable Oil!

So my car has an AFE cold air intake on it, installed originally by its previous owner, Petrolhead, who had kept the car in an immaculate condition, and I come along and want to take care of the car as he did.

I go to google, google "AFE CLEANING KIT". A few clicks later I found the kits he had told me about back then, the prices matched what he had mentioned, so I ordered 2 kits for $41 and got them shipped to my US Aramex inbox in order to get them forwarded to me over here.

I get an email a week later that states the "unshippability" of my items! Turns out Aramex doesn't ship liquid items, and I ended up sending the kits back to where I bought them from, paid Aramex the amount of 90DHMS to send them back, and they refunded only $35 of them.

That's good care!
    Last edited by Haitham; 21-09-2010, 12:46 AM.

yeah aramex doesn't ship liquids... you can get this oil locally though. i'm sure ayham knows where to get them from. sorry to here about that.

Comment

I have a new K&N kit, I have a K&N filter on my E36 318is, Rami says it works, Ayham said that too, but the filter is blue, and using red oil will ruin its color. I'll use it if it was my last resort though.

Comment

Your filter is fine for 15,000 till 20,000kms I just replaced less than a week before I sold you the car... So you have time to look around for the oil... I don't know if there is an AFE dealer here in UAE... might be worth a try to contact them and ask them. Good luck with your search
        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Well the thing is I don't want to delay it until the thing gets ruined with dirt, and the weather here is not helping at all! The engine bay looks like its 50 years old if one doesn't wash it for like 2 weeks!

Comment

do not wash your engine bay!!! clean it with a dry cloth only.

Comment

rami i thought ur 330 was totalled!?!

how did you manage to fix & sell it :dunno:

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                rami i thought ur 330 was totalled!?!

how did you manage to fix & sell it :dunno:
                Funny...:roflmao:
                ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

lol

Comment

It still makes "clicks" and "cluncks" when driving....

The cleaning oil, I think evolve should have it laying around. I will check it out, but their website is "suspended" for the time being!

Comment

It "sways" on Emirates Road....

Comment

Working...
                      X