2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Official Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Official Details

The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gullwing will make use of a lightweight design and front mid-engine to propel itself to 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds, it can be revealed. A source close to WorldCarFans has leaked out a portion of the press release for the vehicle, which had been scheduled for distribution tomorrow.

There is some speculation that the information leaked is not only legitimate, but a marketing ploy to take thunder away from today's McLaren MP4-12C announcement.

The car will feature an AMG 6.3-liter V8 engine located front-mid, and will generate 571 horsepower and up to 650 Nm of torque. Using a dry sump design, the engine pairs with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, allowing the driver to reach a top speed of 317 km/h. The upside of the power translates to a downside in fuel economy: the engine gulps down 13.2 liters for every 100km travelled.

Mercedes built this car to a 47/53 weight distribution, with a low center of gravity, meant to, "emphasize the outstanding sports car concept." Featuring an aluminum, double-wishbone suspension, the car really seems to be an ideal car for a true driving enthusiast. With an aluminum bodyshell, it appears as though MB has really tried to keep the weight of this vehicle low.

Mercedes' highly anticipated vehicle should hit the German market in early 2010 at €177,310, according to website CarPoint. The site also says the car will come in a choice of Alanite Grey, Alubeam Silver, Syvanite Grey, and a shade of red. Riding on forged wheels, the driver will be wrapped in leather and alcantara.

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Finally a cheaper version of this ultimate supercar

... Looks tempting
    ...petrolhead

Comment

A teaser of the SLS around the 'ring back in July

[youtube]QogyCSuVQjE[/youtube]
      ...petrolhead

Comment

Love the rear end, the interior and the seats but for some reason the front end looks weird, a new version of a classic with those wing doors and the front end (front windshield) looks exactly that of a viper.. Performance figures are impressive though !

Comment

:drool: looks gorgeous.
          Current
          2004 EVO VIII
          Previous
          2002 :///M:5, 2003 :///M:3, 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2003 330ci
          2006 S2000, 1999 :///M:Coupe, 1992 E34 :///M:5
          1999 EVO VI, 2000 Lumina SS

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
            Finally a cheaper version of this ultimate supercar

... Looks tempting
            :iagree:

still having mixed feelings about the new one
            1983 BMW 635CSI (owned 1991-1993)

Comment

:drool: i like this one :drool:

Comment

i don't know! I see the front similar to Nissan 350z, and the rear like Mazda 6 rear! it's not similar to any of mercedes designs! this is my opinion.

Comment

I mean front and rear lights

Comment

i agreed with Bisho

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

but i liked the Engine CF sourround for heat dissipation.....amazing thoughts

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Can't get closer to the original design than this...They have captured all the design lines. I personally believe they've done a superb job. It still feels like the old one to me.

Comment

:iagree:

Comment

I still think we should see it physicaly to Judge on it.... but i like it already :-)
                            PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

wow!!! this one looks good!!!.... you can see the hints of retro styling.

this one is gonna be a big hitter for MB! will definitely see a lot of them selling here.

although i dread doing this, i believe this one deserves a
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                              X