No announcement yet.

Bugatti Veyron Targa set to be Unveiled at Pebble Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, you're skipping the point here! Making a convertible go and handle as good as the coupe is A LOT of engineering!! Trust me....

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
      So, an extra 250,000$ to TAKE AWAY a carbon fibre roof and put a rag on itstead ? I wounder how much they would charge to strip the extra's. Another gazillion ?

Sorry, not my cup of tea. It's not a car to have fun with. Not a track car.
      It's more of a, "LOOK AT ME, I $HIT MONEY!!!" type of car.

I would rather KEEP my M3 instead of BURN it Rafiq, and for half the money get a real track car.

Everyone to his own before the artilery is alerted !
      man forget about the money ....driving a Bugatti is one hell of an experience !! and tell me why isnt a track car !! .... go 80 on turns then floor it at the stretches !! .. im sure Bugatti didn't miss any point of calculation when they've created this car !! ..... and one more point !! i dont mind driving a car that says " I $hit Money :D "
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
        man forget about the money ....driving a Bugatti is one hell of an experience !! and tell me why isnt a track car !! .... go 80 on turns then floor it at the stretches !! .. im sure Bugatti didn't miss any point of calculation when they've created this car !! ..... and one more point !! i dont mind driving a car that says " I $hit Money :D "
        Dude, a track car isn't supposed to go 80 across the bends and then floor it down the straights. That's the definition of a car that handles like a brick !!

About Bugatti not missing a point, let me tell you this. The E63 BMW, took 4 years in design, research and development. And BMW stated that it was one of the shortest times theyve had to get a car into production and like all carsit did have it's fault and defects. The Bugatti was on the production line in only 3 years.
        The car's release date was delayed, because at a test session for the media only weeks before the cars release, the steering failed and the car went off track...Great isn't it ?

A Ferrari also bares the "I $hit money" badge, maby not as much. But, if I were to own one. It would be a track car, never to cruise around with and show-off .
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Ayham, in a car that's constructed almost entirely out of carbon fibre. Taking the roof off won't do much of a difference, carbon doesn't bend and twist like steel.
          And they haven't taken the entire roof off with the C-pillars. Only a tiny section of the roof, wich won't hurt much.
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

i was just messing when i said going 80 on the curves .... anyway my point is they've still not tested Bugatti on the track YET because simply its too much to handle, but believe me once someone masters it... It would just beat any single record !
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Dude, if you ever study mechanical engineering and study statics & dynamics you'll be able to tell that when lifting off something like the ROOF it will wreak havoc on you overall torsional rigidity :)

Comment

^^ +1
                2008 325i coupe
                Stock

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                  i was just messing when i said going 80 on the curves .... anyway my point is they've still not tested Bugatti on the track YET because simply its too much to handle, but believe me once someone masters it... It would just beat any single record !
                  ^+1

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                  Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Dude, if you ever study mechanical engineering and study statics & dynamics you'll be able to tell that when lifting off something like the ROOF it will wreak havoc on you overall torsional rigidity :)
                    Too true dude, loosing any piece of an interconnected structure such as the cars chassis will hurt big time. Another factor we must consider here, the material. Carbon fibre doesn't give or bend, and is especially rigid when set-up in a mono-couque configuration like on the Bugatti.

I don't think it would effect the Bugatti's torsional rigidity that much, I'm not saying it wont.

Comment

That's the problem, CF SNAPS if overloaded....They had to redesign the CF weave direction and probably reinforce it. That's A LOT of engineering.

Comment

I hope they took theyre time to review the car during the Coupes production life to actually make a better version when the Targa's out.

But, who honestly cares ! The Coupe alone costs as much as 10 E92 M3's !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X