No announcement yet.

Street Terrorism!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a healthy discussion, so no offence to anyone sitting behind the monitors..

Franz, forget about the middle east for a second, you havent been to many other countries so do a little research online to see which countries have the worst drivers and you'll know.. Cairo, Beijing, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Greece, Italy and lets not talk about Portugal who's the leading mother in road rages..

If you're talking about people overtaking from the right, then do a trip to Belgium, you'll be disgusted to see it very common there..

Im not saying driving in Dubai is safe, people from different backgrounds come and create a confusion here, there should be a sense of understanding and respect between the motorists, which is lacking.. But this is common in many other parts of the world too, you cant judge this place or ME being the worst just cuz you havent been to some worst driving countries.. Dubai and ME are bad, but they're not the worst when it comes to driving..
    Last edited by SSense; 23-05-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/603)

I totally agree with 3eli...the most important thing is respecting the other drivers no matter how good u are at driving...dubai is a multinational platform with people comin from all over the world and therefor bring with them their own way of thinkin and drivin on the roads.
      Obeyin the rules is something very different,the number of radars in dubai has seen a huge growth and people get thousands os dhs of fines every singl day but that doesnt change the way they drive and break the rules coz its definetly not the proper way of lettin people behave on our roads.
      On the other side,advertisements,commercials can help people change their minds coz when u see the consequences of letting ur kid stand up in a car with his head out of the sunroof is not like u get a fine for it.
      By the end of the day,u try to respect people and their opinions even on a forum why wont u do it when ur sharin the same roads??
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
        This is a healthy discussion, so no offence to anyone sitting behind the monitors..

Franz, forget about the middle east for a second, you havent been to many other countries so do a little research online to see which countries have the worst drivers and you'll know.. Cairo, Beijing, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Greece, Italy and lets not talk about Portugal who's the leading mother in road rages..

If you're talking about people overtaking from the right, then do a trip to Belgium, you'll be disgusted to see it very common there..

Im not saying driving in Dubai is safe, people from different backgrounds come and create a confusion here, there should be a sense of understanding and respect between the motorists, which is lacking.. But this is common in many other parts of the world too, you cant judge this place or ME being the worst just cuz you havent been to some worst driving countries.. Dubai and ME are bad, but they're not the worst when it comes to driving..
        Thank you sir!
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/603)

I totally agree with 3eli...the most important thing is respecting the other drivers no matter how good u are at driving...dubai is a multinational platform with people comin from all over the world and therefor bring with them their own way of thinkin and drivin on the roads.
          Obeyin the rules is something very different,the number of radars in dubai has seen a huge growth and people get thousands os dhs of fines every singl day but that doesnt change the way they drive and break the rules coz its definetly not the proper way of lettin people behave on our roads.
          On the other side,advertisements,commercials can help people change their minds coz when u see the consequences of letting ur kid stand up in a car with his head out of the sunroof is not like u get a fine for it.
          By the end of the day,u try to respect people and their opinions even on a forum why wont u do it when ur sharin the same roads??
          Ok, now I will let abood come to propose to Kenza :yippy:
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Guys i am not saying that this is the worst country of driving skills, i am just saying that from the countries i have been in it is the worst and i have been to austria, hungary, poland, italy, spain, belgium, france, romania, netherlands etc...

Just as mentioned before... it is about to respect the rules! Here people think that they do something wrong.. they pay the fine and then they can do it again. They dont think about the stuff what can happen.

Fines wont solve problems.. but commerials... advertisments etc might!

I mean, what is this?? I have a loud exhaust and they impound my car for 1 month?? I have my child playing on the dashboard and i pay 200aed??

As mentioned be reak6tion, they dont know the consequences what can happen in an accident.. especially with kids if they dont wear seatbelts etc... It is a lack of responsibility...

I ve been a paramedic for 2 years and i have seen bad accidents, also because of speeding, stupidity or driving on ice, snow, rain, fog etc.. i know what can happen!

I think that it is simply a lack of eduction of what COULD happen!

Yes we are in a country where different mentalities come togoether, from different countries but somehow you always see the same kind of people not respecting the rules, and other people! No disrespect or offence!

Yes i like to drive fast, yes sometimes i go over the speed limit! Everybody does.. i am not trying to say that i am an Angel, but at least i have responsibility to the other people!

These people dont just play with their lives... they play with my life, your life, your kids life, your parents life and your families life! This is what people need to understand!

We had the perfect example happening a couple of days ago... on SZR! Everybody knows what i mean! Who the hell does something like this??????????? Imagine, some other driver who is not focussing for a second sees it to late and causes an accident, which could cause to a huge accident.. and why???

Nabil.. i agree.. other countries are bigger... But iam sure that in a city like Duesseldorf, Frankfurt or Berlin there as as much cars on the road like here, so this doesent makes sense!

Ssense you re right.. maybe its not the worst when it comes to driving... But the countries you mentioned.., inda.. pakistan...cario.. do they have this infrastructure??? Do they have this ammount of cars?? Do they have this expensive cars??? Do they wanna be as modern as Europe, US etc???
            Last edited by Simon Motorsport; 23-05-2010, 05:35 PM.
            sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
            Dubai Investment Park 2
            The Curve Building Complex
            Warehouse No.1
            P.O Box 28638
            Dubai, United Arab Emirates
            Office: +97148830851
            Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
            Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
            Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
              Ssense you re right.. maybe its not the worst when it comes to driving... But the countries you mentioned.., inda.. pakistan...cario.. do they have this infrastructure??? Do they have this ammount of cars?? Do they have this expensive cars??? Do they wanna be as modern as Europe, US etc???
              Cairo, India and Pakistan ? They have double the number of cars what we see here :)

Comment

I think it doesn't matter whether people in Middle east or in Europe or in the Americas drive bad or good or who drives better. The point is we should drive better and be aware of the consequences of dangerous driving whether we are here or there or anywhere .. Stop arguing folks ..
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i always join parties late.

regardless of who is behind the wheel... after seeing and staying in so many countries i can only come to one conclusion.

one should thank god to be living in UAE.

yet i would still like to say the following, today in JBR walk there was a european dude driving in the opposite direction. but this doesnt imply that all european's are idiots. so generalizing is not fair.

in other words, the more mixed this community is the worse it gets, but at the same time it's heaven comapred to other places. i still would prefer here.

btw I stayed in india for a month in 2008, if you combine all the cars in germany and in the GCC they would still have more :D

each his own. trust me with all these morons on the streets here>there

Comment

this is not the best place to drive in the world, but definitely not the worst....... +1 to awareness campaigns & things like that, we really need more!

to me the most dangerous thing is having children & even babies without seatbelts or car seat..... not to mention sticking their heads out the windows or sunroof, or even standing in the car with their hands on the dash!

the intent from my first post was that the statement regarding the "size of the brain" is not appropriate and could be offensive..

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      i always join parties late.
                      Bruno u do that cos ur Cool:woot:

I think the UAE is a relatively safer place in terms of driving due to strict laws and well established roads infrastructure. In Lebanon, its a whole different ball game where people know nothing about lanes, turn signals, giving priority etc. we cant forget that highway crashes r the most fatal ones and the UAE is full of highways, even at speeds no more than 120 KM/h, crashes will be very serious which explains the death rate

Comment

Wealth and education are key reasons.

Wealth factor:

After a certain threshold of wealth, life and other things in life become cheap and taken for granted. This applies to households in their direct interaction with their sons; spoiling and the lack of parents-children interface inherently associated with said households and societies. It also applies to "officials" sitting comfortably behind their desks with no risk of accountability over whether or not plans were devised and whether targets were met in case there were plans put into action. Wealth.

Education:

And it's not just college degrees. General knowledge stemming from regular reading habits + formal education develops the human mind beyond the primitive attempts of drawing attention and generating youtube-fame by performing you know what. Statistics collaborate this (# of annual deaths vs level of education in a given nation). Road fatalities and terrorist driving patterns you and I face everyday are mere indications to much deeper flaws where we live. Think of it, rightfully so, in parallel to drugs consumption.

Sanctioned motorsports will NEVER be the remedy, it's an elites activity that few know about and fewer can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                          Cairo, India and Pakistan ? They have double the number of cars what we see here :)
                          i noticed you write Cairo and not Egypt :D thank god I am from alexandria :P

I agree with Simon in some parts but the tone is abit too ........ german :sniper:
                          it could have been said in a better way than "size of brain"

but come on guys we all drive on Abu dhabi - dubai road and we know what happens theres yet from my experience I feel less stress here compared to driving in Egypt, USA, Saudi and Mexico which are the countries I have driven in.
                          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Good morning to all :)

I usually don’t comment when reading threads, but this one captured my interest especially after reading an article about a car accident on SZR this morning so allow me to add a small note :)

How beautiful or wide roads are, how many radars are there, how expensive traffic fines are, or how luxurious life is has little to do with when it comes to road accidents. I think the core reason for stupid accidents is the lack of respect. In other words: lack of Road Ethics. They have no country or nation, they can be taught, can not be forced, but should be genuine from within all of us.

Someone asked why KSA! Let me tell you this: I’ve been to Riyadh so many times, and they don’t even stop at the red signal! Cars can hardly be driven, they are in very bad conditions that if they will be examined in Abu Dhabi or Dubai they will fail! cars are not registered for 4 years in some cases! I’m not sure that this is still the case, but from the last time I visited, it was a disaster!

Awareness campaigns, lectures, tests and all that would be amazing, but only if we are willing to benefit. How many campaigns are launched by Abu Dhabi and Dubai police during annual traffic week? Tons!! Did that reduce the number of tragic accidents? Maybe, but probably not! If it’s not me and you from within, no one can force us to drive “Safe”.
                            I'm not a fan of driving.. but enjoy the thrill of watching..

Comment

Working...
                            X