Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active steering

Hi Guys,
    My ride is an '06 650i; I have been having troubles with the steering wheel of late. The message 'active steering inactive' keeps popping up. Whilst this trouble used to be intermittent in the beginning, now it has become permanent. So its almost like driving a truck now! I have been to AGMC, Tony Edwards, Munich and all those places only to get different diagnostics... As these are famous in ripping people off, I havent given the car yet for repair. Has any of you had a problem of this sort and what was the reason? Can anyone suggest a decent workshop which can be trusted?
    Appreciate your suggestions guys,
    thanks,
    Saneen

Our Club has got its own workshop now, Das Autoworks, plus for members there's a special discount with tender & care..

Send a pm to Club's President Ayham, he'll sort the problem out whatsoever it may be..

Comment

Thank you so much for the prompt response. Had a chat with Ayham, will take her there for a check-up. Hope this gets sorted out without draining my wallet!!

Comment

Keep up updated

Comment

What did the Diagnostic report say regarding active steering fault codes ?

There are a few common issue's with active steering ?

A diagnostic report from a GT1 or Auto logic is a must and will point you in the right direction !

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Yeah, have dealt with 2 active steering problems so far and it can be a handful. Anyway, see you when you get here. Shak, might scratch heads together mate :D

Comment

Got the same problem with a car im about to buy.. please keep us posted
              07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Saneen, you will hear from me tomorrow.

Rady, stop by Das when you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post

Saneen, you will hear from me tomorrow.

Rady, stop by Das when you can.
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Thanks Ayham for restoring my ride back to its glory :)
                    The steering wheel is perfect, Alhamdolillah.... Good work bro!
                    Iam thinking of getting a re-painting done; but only thru a place that you recommend..

Comment

Falcon's Garage. PM member "Bruno"
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

thanks Ahmad; will get in touch with him..

Comment

Originally posted by saneen View Post
                          Thanks Ayham for restoring my ride back to its glory :)
                          The steering wheel is perfect, Alhamdolillah.... Good work bro!
                          Iam thinking of getting a re-painting done; but only thru a place that you recommend..
                          Good work Ayham! What was the issue?

Comment

This could be due to the failure of any of the following:

- SZL (Steering Cloumn Switch) which contains the steering angle sensor (Not very likely as the E6x SZL was not too fragile)
                            - Active Steering control unit (Highly unlikely as I've seen 1 failing in my entire career unless there has been water underneath the passenger seat which is where the unit lives)
                            - Steering Rack (I have seen quite a few)
                            - DSC (This is once in a blue moon)

You see, the car is very low and if there is a hit off the bottom, it will most likely include the total steering angle sensor resulting in a fault as such which I'd have to say has been common among the E6x cars. But it'd be best if you could update us with the faults you've got.
                            Last edited by arashgha; 09-11-2010, 03:09 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

A certain service center has done some work on it, snapped the pump wires, and rejoined the wires edges with a another stretch of wire by wraping the exposed copper around the original ones. The wires shorted for some timed and burned the pump electric valve, hence damging the pump. We resoldered and insulated everything when the new unit went in.

Glad you're happy with the work quality buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X