Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Cars from Al Aweer

Hello Everyone!

First of all, please excuse me if this has been discussed already. I did a search and didn't find anything conclusive.

I need advice on buying cars from Al Aweer.

Specifically, the following:

1) Are the cars clean.
    2) How do the prices compare to the market in general.
    3) What are the major pints to be considered while buying a car from Al Aweer.
    4) How much bargaining potential is there? Any tips on bargaining?
    5) Will they allow the car to be taken for an inspection. (I mean other than the RTA inspection).

At the moment, this is all that I can think of. Please feel free to add more points.

Thanks to everyone!
    Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 29-07-2010, 01:29 PM.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

best inspection is to take it to agency and to view all the history , and RTA inspection is poor but try the full inspection in RTA its about 250 AED this one is better than the normal one they will give u every detail about the car ...

and dubai members have more experience and knowledge than me :D so now u will have alot of points and answers
    sigpic

Comment

I heard that there is some test you can run in Aweer that will give u every little detail of the car... not sure who it is though.

The members will be around shortly to help :)
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

BE CAREFUL!!!!

I heard some horror stories about Al Aweer... Stolen Cars...Modified Mileage etc...

Plus the price of the car is gonna be cheaper if you speak arabic...!

I would recommend to get the car checked EXTRA carefully and you HAVE to bring it to a dealer garage to give you a detailed condition report and the car history!
        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
        Dubai Investment Park 2
        The Curve Building Complex
        Warehouse No.1
        P.O Box 28638
        Dubai, United Arab Emirates
        Office: +97148830851
        Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
        Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
        Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Dont test your car in Al Aweer, there's one inspection place there called Gear One and most of the dealers will advise you to take your car there, I dont advise you to go through what I faced..

I had bought an E39 530i, inspected it there and they said the car is very clean, a week later I find that my engine heats up and I had to replace it with another engine, plus the body had dents but those guys told me the body is very clean..

So inspect it only at the dealer or a place liek X Service Center, I was in Al Ain and wanted to buy a 740Li for my brother, through my calls I sent my car to Shak and when Shak gave me a I straight closed my eyes and bought the car..

Inshort, take the car for inspection at a place who you know and can trust..

Comment

Thanks Ali!

The question is, will they allow me to take the car for inspection at a garage of my liking?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
              Thanks Ali!

The question is, will they allow me to take the car for inspection at a garage of my liking?
              Once you've negotiated on the price, if they're confident the car they are selling is clean then taking the car for an inspection anywhere YOU like should not be a problem, just keep any of your ID cards there and take it to wherever you want to inspect it..

Or..

After negotiating on the price and both parties have agreed, ask THEM to deliver the car to any place YOU like, this is incase they have a problem with you taking the car for inspection..

Dude ! You're buying a car which isnt cheap, you hold all the rights to inspect it any where and the way you like it..

Comment

Roger that!
                sigpic

Comment

Hello Everyone!

First of all, please excuse me if this has been discussed already. I did a search and didn't find anything conclusive.

I need advice on buying cars from Al Aweer.

Specifically, the following:

1) Are the cars clean. it depends on the car on the previous owner's condition
                  2) How do the prices compare to the market in general. higher!!! way higher!
                  3) What are the major pints to be considered while buying a car from Al Aweer. have it checked in any registration center bt ask for the 250 dirhams check, they will hump the car inside out
                  4) How much bargaining potential is there? Any tips on bargaining? it depends on the mileage and the mood of th salesman
                  5) Will they allow the car to be taken for an inspection. (I mean other than the RTA inspection). yes they have to

At the moment, this is all that I can think of. Please feel free to add more points.

Thanks to everyone!

Thanks Ali!

they have to, they will send the tea boy with you though

Comment

Word, when i got my car. The guy told me it was clean and accident free and what not. I liked the guy, but the fact that he lied really disappointed me. I went to falcons garage and Adel took a look and instantly found a major front accident that was CHEAPLY repaired. FOR GOD'S SAKE...THE KIDNEY GRILLS WERE GLUED TO THE HOOD!!! GLUED!! SO WAS THE FRONT BUMPER!! I was deeply shocked but considering the accident had no impact on the engine's performance and considering the budget constraint and the fact that I loved the car since it's manual. I had to buy it and work on it. I did bargain though...dropped the price by 2.5k when i found out about the accident. The moral is: Be very very very careful man! and GOOD LUCK BRO!!

Past Ride: E39 530i
                    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

i agree with most of the guys, cars there are very fishy and you need to keep your eyes wide open, i tried to sell a car there and they thought i am leaving the country and offered me a ****** offer
                      i saw a car there with 25000 km on the clock which also looks great and when i started the engine the check engine came on immediately and when i asked the guy he said it is no problem !!!!!!!!
                      also u can bargain up to 20% of the prices there since they ask way too high for shiny cars that perform poorly or had accidents
                      on the other side i know that Ramy bought his M5 from there so i assume some shops sell good stuff as well u just need to be careful
                      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

all of the above :)

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

a&B
                          Meskovic
                          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

open your eyes and be carful :wow: some shops are good some are bad one of my friends bought a bmw 540 was very good another frind bought a camry at the regesration surprise surprise the chasy was dameged (failed) soo take care and good luck

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                            E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                            E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                            E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                            E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                            E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

I'll always advise people who buy used cars to buy it from people selling their personal cars, rather than any showrooms..

Comment

Working...
                              X