Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Questions

Hello All,

Been third day into owning the b5 and have a few questions.

1. Does anybody have a sugestion on car covers? I live in the ranches and the driveway is quite a joke and really does not cover the car. Does using a car cover in this extreme heat damage the paint of the car. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. My Fuel gauge jumps from 3/4 tank down to just above a qtr and back to half. I used to have this problem with my 1986 bmw which was a result of air pressure in the tank. Any suggestions or recomendations on fixs???

Thanks all

Brgds
    Manny

Hi Manny

1) The car cover should not damage the paint. At least, the parachute covers don't. You have to ensure that the cover fits the car properly and tied well at the ends. This to prevent scartches from the cover when the wind blows.

2) I had the entire fuel system (from the filler cap to the engine) checked at the AGMC, they kept the car for 3 days and told me that there was nothing wrong. I believe it is best to trun off the engine while the car is being re fueled.

Hope this helps.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Hello Hassan,

Thanks , any suggestiosn where to buy the cover? Also noted yours regarding fuel gauage, guess you saw the same. Next service ill bring it up to BMW and see what they say again. Theirs a ghost in my fuel tank!!!

Brgds
      Manny

Comment

Depends on how mcuh you want to spend on it. Best would be to get the BMW cover. I believe, the cover for the 5 Series would fit without any problem. If you want to go extravagant get the one one in the belwo link.

http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/fi...man_E60E61.pdf

I am not sure if AGMC shall find anything in the fuel tank.

I would advise you to try someone else, like Das Autoworks or the X Service centre.

For Das, just send a PM to Ayham and he shall help you.
        For X Service centre, shak "X".
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Regarding the cover you can buy one from the dealer, if they have, or else do a search on ebay for 'bmw e60 car cover', its same for the Alpinas and other E60 models.. Price varies between 100-200$

Comment

Thanks guys, btw not sure your aware of aramex usa/uk service. You can order items from any usa websiote or uk, they ship to a us/uk location. Then they dleiver it to your door here (called shop and ship) . Will check how much they cost in usa and maybe have it shipped. One of my freinds owns a motorcyle here and has everything shipped from us here.

Brgds
            Manny

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Xidias View Post
              Hello All,

Been third day into owning the b5 and have a few questions.

1. Does anybody have a sugestion on car covers? I live in the ranches and the driveway is quite a joke and really does not cover the car. Does using a car cover in this extreme heat damage the paint of the car. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. My Fuel gauge jumps from 3/4 tank down to just above a qtr and back to half. I used to have this problem with my 1986 bmw which was a result of air pressure in the tank. Any suggestions or recomendations on fixs???

Thanks all

Brgds
              Manny

Hi manny,

You can try to reset the instrument cluster to re-calibrate the fuel gauge !if this fails its going to be your fuel sender units in your fuel tank.

Check hidden OBDII codes on how to unlock your cluster to reset cluster on Question and answers

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Xidias View Post
                btw not sure your aware of aramex usa/uk service. You can order items from any usa websiote or uk, they ship to a us/uk location. Then they dleiver it to your door here (called shop and ship) .
                Almost half the members of this Club have a shop and ship account with Aramex :D

Comment

Well as t hey said smart minds think alike .

As for the reset ,will look into,.

Thanks All!!

Manny

Comment

Working...
                  X