got screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got screwed

Went to register my car today and it failed the test. they said the distance from the front of the wheel on the left to the rear of the wheel on the left is 15mm difference than the right side. when i took it to the Adnoc in Musaffah just to see if they could figure anything out quickly, but they said they want to replace all kinds of stuff, like ball joints, struts. so if im gonna do all that i sure aint gonna have the adnoc do it.

I just dont see how it passed to de-register from the owner in Dubai but its not good for Abu Dhabi.

Let me know what you all think, whether i should try to make the previous owner fix it, or what. thanks guys

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Can you scan and post the abu dhabi report. In dubai they never do a thorough check when de-registering a car. They only have someone take a look an see if it actually exist or not.

You should contact the seller and see what he says, although it wouldve been wiser to just get it registered first before paying for it
    Last edited by Bruno; 26-08-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

ill try to scan it up. i contacted the seller, and now all the sudden he doesnt speak as good of english. i will prob go speak to him at his work

Comment

go Register it in Sharjah .. 2 minutes w your car will be done haha!
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
          go Register it in Sharjah .. 2 minutes w your car will be done haha!
          Unfortunately Randy's visa is from Abu Dhabi and he cant get it registered anywhere except in Al Ain or Abu Dhabi..

Im afraid the car had been involved in a serious accident where there's a problem with the chasis now, will try to see what the service center in Al Ain says on Saturday and then proceed..

P.S: Randy next time remind me, ill talk to this guy in Arabic if he forgot how to speak in English..
          Last edited by SSense; 27-08-2010, 02:29 AM.

Comment

thanks for the help. yeah if its a serious problem maybe i will have you talk to him. GOT DEM PYPES!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by RANDY540 View Post
              thanks for the help. yeah if its a serious problem maybe i will have you talk to him. GOT DEM PYPES!?!?!
              LoLz Got dem pypes and got de m16s yeah :rofl:

As Bruno suggested, do scan the copy of that inspection paper and see what the guys here have got to say about the report, should be helpful..

Comment

When did they do an alignment check at Tasjeel ?!?! Or is AD just different ?

15mm is a pretty big distance but it doesn't imply chassis damage. Could be worn bushings or bent arms on both front and rear. So, regardless of the the test. If you're willing to own and drive the car you better get that issue sorted out for safety reason primarily.
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Had a car with a similar problem a couple of weeks ago at the shop. New control arms and bushings and it was done. These arms are aluminum and bend easily. They should be replaced every other year.

Comment

I purchased mine in Al Ain and did the registration there. No inspection involved at all.

Comment

Ok. Sorry it took so long to get this up. Dont have a scanner so i took pics.

Left Side

Right Side

Abu Dhabi Test

Al Ain Test

On the Al Ain test Im not exactly sure about how all the sudden my car is a 98? anybody know how to find the year in the VIN?

Anyways, im taking it to the shop tomorrow to get things fixed, and get it on the road. See what they can do about it. After that I'll just have to figure out what to do with this wood grain...

Thanks guys

Comment

Wow when did they start doing these kinda test - hope this doesn't happen in Dubai :P

Project DVS
                        Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                        CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

mmm, based on that VIN number displayed on the test papers : BU87899

5' E39, Sedan
                          540i (M62)

Region: Europe
                          Version: Left-hand drive
                          Transmission: Automatic
                          Date: '97, November

november manufacturing would be next year in service, my car manufactured in Sep. 2007 but sold and registered as 2008 model.
                          Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                          Majeed Photography

Comment

Sort this out first then we'll worry about the wood grain, maybe find you brushed aluminium or wrap the wood with CF..

Comment

i'm assuming you will only need to do a regular wheel alignment and hand them a report with the numbers. you might have blown rear trailing arm bushings.

in your first post i thought it was the front side but if it's the rear then it's a safer issue IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X