No announcement yet.

Don't disturb The Walk at JBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ +1 to Ozi and its not because there's a lot of restaurants and coffee that it makes it a commercial area before being a residential one!! look how many buildings they have there of course u gonna have a lot of rest and coffee shops...
    Hasan i will start thinkin that ur one of the guys revvin and honkin at night over there :D
    sigpic

Comment

Now that the incident has reached the media, days are not far when you'll see the below signboard in JBR..

Comment

Originally posted by Ozimandius View Post
        It's not like they knew about the noise at night before they moved in right? Most of them are people working in the nearby freezones (DMC, DIC, JAFZA)
        :lol: How come you go to that place looking for an apartment and cannot imagine the noise and disturbance at any time of the day.

If one is that stupid, one has no right to complain.

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
        ^ +1 to Ozi and its not because there's a lot of restaurants and coffee that it makes it a commercial area before being a residential one!! look how many buildings they have there of course u gonna have a lot of rest and coffee shops...
        Hasan i will start thinkin that ur one of the guys revvin and honkin at night over there :D
        Dude! That place has banks, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, juice bars etc...etc...etc...etc...etc... You name it and they have it. Having a large number of apartments next to them does not make it less of a commercial area. The number of commercial and tourist buildings is way too high for a normal residential area. That is what makes it a tourist attraction.

Compare it to other residential areas in Dubai. It is very obvious that the number of commercial vs. residential establishments is severely out of proportion.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

^:no: :slap: :D
          sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

^:no: :slap: :D
            Why not! :spank: :lol:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
              :lol: How come you go to that place looking for an apartment and cannot imagine the noise and disturbance at any time of the day.

If one is that stupid, one has no right to complain.

Dude! That place has banks, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, juice bars etc...etc...etc...etc...etc... You name it and they have it. Having a large number of apartments next to them does not make it less of a commercial area. The number of commercial and tourist buildings is way too high for a normal residential area. That is what makes it a tourist attraction.

Compare it to other residential areas in Dubai. It is very obvious that the number of commercial vs. residential establishments is severely out of proportion.
              After reading all your comments I dont understand why are persistant on telling us that JBR is a commercial area, yes we all agree its a commercial area, but what has that got to do with HONKING and REVING engines at night.. ??

The residents are not complaining about people visiting JBR, all they're saying is stop honking and reving engines, thats all..

Comment

because :sniper:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                  After reading all your comments I dont understand why are persistant on telling us that JBR is a commercial area, yes we all agree its a commercial area, but what has that got to do with HONKING and REVING engines at night.. ??

The residents are not complaining about people visiting JBR, all they're saying is stop honking and reving engines, thats all..
                  Because people are exaggerating the facts. IMHO!

There are atleast 3 police pctrol cars in JBR at any given time.

There is no way that someone could act like a hooligan in there and get away with it.
                  sigpic

Comment

because :sniper:
                    No Way! :Guns:
                    sigpic

Comment

There is no way that someone could act like a hooligan in there and get away with it.
                      I think you havent been to JBR Hasan, dude every weekend i see cars reving and honking and getting away with no one telling them anything, what about that ?

Comment

^ busy police cars!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally posted by SSense

I think you havent been to JBR Hasan, dude every weekend i see cars reving and honking and getting away with no one telling them anything, what about that ?
                          Dear Ali. Even if I am mistaken and what you are saying is correct. I would not blame the public for my bad decision.
                          sigpic

Comment

Its like, im saying left and you're saying right.. Im arguing on people reving and honking 'for no reason', whereas you're arguing why are people complaining..

First of all for or your info, JBR (Jumeira Beach Residence) is a residential area, not a commercial so dont be mistaken by availability of banks, rests and coffee houses..

Second, using horn in prohibited areas, i.e, hospitals, mosques, residential areas, is against the law..

Third,

Rule # 131 from the black points table of police says
                            Using horn in prohibited areas
                            will give you 2 black points and a fine of 200 Dhs

Rule # 144 from the black points table of police says
                            Using horn in a disturbing way
                            will give you 2 black points and a fine of 100 Dhs

So to conclude, you can choose any of the rules above, honking in prohibited areas or the way the people are doing in JBR, honking in a disturbing way, both are against the law..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                              Its like, im saying left and you're saying right.. Im arguing on people reving and honking 'for no reason', whereas you're arguing why are people complaining..

First of all for or your info, JBR (Jumeira Beach Residence) is a residential area, not a commercial so dont be mistaken by availability of banks, rests and coffee houses..

Second, using horn in prohibited areas, i.e, hospitals, mosques, residential areas, is against the law..

Third,

Rule # 131 from the black points table of police says will give you 2 black points and a fine of 200 Dhs

Rule # 144 from the black points table of police says will give you 2 black points and a fine of 100 Dhs

So to conclude, you can choose any of the rules above, honking in prohibited areas or the way the people are doing in JBR, honking in a disturbing way, both are against the law..
                              Dear Ali! I respect your opinion and I respect the law.

We can debate forever on whether JBR is a residential area or a tourist attraction and commercial spot.

I also, agree that people should not be honking unless it is to save a life.

However, I cannot agree to the opinion that these people didn't know how it would be like to live in JBR when they went ahead and rented their places there.

All I am trying to say is that the hustle bustle comes with the package of living in a place like JBR.
                              sigpic

Comment

I also, agree that people should not be honking unless it is to save a life.
                                That was all my point, glad you finally agree that honking and reving is annoying..

Thank You :)

P.S: Now you can argue with the rest about the residents and their problems, im done lol

Comment

Working...
                                X