Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPod integration in a 2007 M6 (with no AUX armrest input)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPod integration in a 2007 M6 (with no AUX armrest input)

Hi guys

I know this has been covered in previous older posts, but I'd love to get your feedback on the best/easist/quickest (and ideally cheapest) way to get Ipod working.

In my new M6, there appears to be NO AUX input in the armrest. Weird, as I thought all 2007 models had one (or is this 2008+?).

I have a CD changer in the glovebox of course, perhaps this (from previous reading here) is the focus i.e. disconnect the CD and set up Ipod through this power connection?

Also welcome who/where to go for this (if it cannot be done myself) - ShakX, Hasan, Ayham + others - thanks in advance for any tips here!

I have an AUX IN connection in my arm rest and mine is a 2007.

I have no knowledge or experience with these things, so lets just wait for the experts to chime in.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase!

Please post some pics of the beast.
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats for the car. Looking forward for the pictures :)
        I am no expert but I thought all of them have the aux input. You sure u checked properly ? :)
        My 2007 6er has it so im guessing the m6 must have it too..
        07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Although the quality from the aux input in shait. CDs ftw !
          07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Hi Rob how very strange! have you checked in the glove box?
            If its not there not a problem! Ret-rofit kit available from Stealership(AGMC).
            Get the kit and I will fit it for you and code it.
            Check the link to give you some idea of how its fitted and coded.
            http://www.scribd.com/doc/26437006/Ins-405

Comment

Shak FTW!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
                Although the quality from the aux input in shait. CDs ftw !
                Quality from ipod is always better than CDs, cuz in CDs you lose some of the quality while burning, where as in ipod all you do is straight transer your songs..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                  Quality from ipod is always better than CDs, cuz in CDs you lose some of the quality while burning, where as in ipod all you do is straight transer your songs..
                  I am not good at these things but tbh I noticed that CDs for example give out much more bass , compared to aux from ipod. It is also much louder from d CDs than Ipod. Again I dunno the physics behind it , Its just what I noticed.
                  And i think u lose more quality when transferring from ipod through the cable than reading straight up from the CD.
                  07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

If your car read's MP3 CD's from the front single Drives ( the Navigation Drive as well as the single drive above that one ) then your sad story if almost finished ,, get yourself the Ipod Integrated Ibus interface , this will replace your CD changer and you will have your ipod fully controlled by the I-Drive .. there 100's of them for sell on ebay ,, ( about 100 AED ) but it worth every fils you spend on it ..

Here is an example ( Part # 65 11 0 403 650 ) just in case the link were dead .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-G...ht_2045wt_1165

BUT : if your car doesn't read MP3 CD's , then you will have to take your car to the dealer or I'm sure Ayham will be able to update your CIC so that will recode the car and enable the MP3 option ..

Hope this will help ..

check this video ( this is another brand but same process )
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tcf9...eature=related

Comment

Have you tried checking in the menu if you have Aux Input ? Like where you can select, FM , AM , CD etc .. do you have Aux Input ? Cus if you do , it means u have it ?
                      07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
                        I am not good at these things but tbh I noticed that CDs for example give out much more bass , compared to aux from ipod. It is also much louder from d CDs than Ipod. Again I dunno the physics behind it , Its just what I noticed.
                        And i think u lose more quality when transferring from ipod through the cable than reading straight up from the CD.
                        Rady mate you are bang on with the poor quality of sound from the AUX!
                        Why?
                        Its because the out put from your I pod's head phone jack (3.5) the signal is analoge(for head phones only) and the out put Voltage is much higher thus causing poor quality of sound!
                        This can be overcome by conectecting the I pods cradle between the Ipod and the AUX.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                          If your car read's MP3 CD's from the front single Drives ( the Navigation Drive as well as the single drive above that one ) then your sad story if almost finished ,, get yourself the Ipod Integrated Ibus interface , this will replace your CD changer and you will have your ipod fully controlled by the I-Drive .. there 100's of them for sell on ebay ,, ( about 100 AED ) but it worth every fils you spend on it ..

Here is an example ( Part # 65 11 0 403 650 ) just in case the link were dead .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-G...ht_2045wt_1165

BUT : if your car doesn't read MP3 CD's , then you will have to take your car to the dealer or I'm sure Ayham will be able to update your CIC so that will recode the car and enable the MP3 option ..

Hope this will help ..

check this video ( this is another brand but same process )
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tcf9...eature=related
                          correct me if im wrong....he must go to Ayham or stealer to update his CCC not CIC, as far as i know the CIC from 2008 and onwards, the retrofit kit ll cost you around AED 800/- from the agency....im doing it next week and ll post a DIY for it :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                            correct me if im wrong....he must go to Ayham or stealer to update his CCC not CIC, as far as i know the CIC from 2008 and onwards, the retrofit kit ll cost you around AED 800/- from the agency....im doing it next week and ll post a DIY for it :)
                            Eoudeh bro you are right! its a CCC system not CIC(Hard-drive system).
                            You then need to re-code the the whole CCC system with the fiber optic cable/OBDII cable and most of the time it will ask you to load ENABLE CODES.

Comment

If the CCC reads MP3 CD's already ,, then no codings required ...

even if the car doesn't read MP3 ,, I can code and enable MP3 for any CCC cars within a seconds ..

Comment

Working...
                              X