Abu Dhabi Police to enforce new speed limit regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abu Dhabi Police to enforce new speed limit regulations

Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi Police will begin to enforce new rules on speed limits on all the roads in the emirate from next week.

The rules will be implemented in cooperation with the Department of Transport (DoT) and the municipalities of Abu Dhabi city, Western Region and Al Ain, a press release issued by the police said on Sunday.

Colonel Hussain Ahmad Al Harithi, director of Abu Dhabi Traffic and Patrols Department, urged all motorists to follow the new speed limits even in residential areas, which will be enforced as part of the new rules. Police patrol cars will monitor the speed limits in residential areas whereas the radars will serve that purpose on highways, he said.

Residential areas

The official said the speed limit in residential areas will be 20 to 40km/h.

He said the speed limit controlled by radars on three highways will not be changed. The Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway stretches from Al Mafraq bridge to Seih Al Shoaib, Abu Dhabi-Al Ain highway from Baniyas Park to Al Sa'ad area in Al Ain and the third highway stretches from Al Shawmekh to Al Heer. A spokesman of Abu Dhabi police told Gulf News that the speed limit on highways will be 140km/h with an allowance of 20 kilometres per hour. "It means a motorist will be fined if he or she crosses 160km/h on highways," he said.

Extensive studies

Al Harithi said the changes are being made after extensive studies on the traffic requirements of the emirate in the next decade.

He said the new rules emphasise road safety.

A new campaign will be conducted for drivers, he said. More details on the new rules will be announced within a few days, the official said.

Speed limit on Abu Dhabi roads

•Airport road, Muroor road, Al Khaleej Al Arabi Street and Corniche: 60 km/h (with an allowance of 20 km/h)
    •Residential areas: 20 to 40 km/h
    •Highways: 140 km/h (with an allowance of 20 km/h)
    Source: gulfnews

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

20Km/h ,, better by yourself a bicycle , you can reach faster :lol:

Comment

with the traffic here now adays....i should get one :D

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

20 + 20 = 40

all the limits in AD are reasonable i think

especially at Dubai - AD road (140+20)

i have more than 100k km in the past year between AD and Dubai and only 1 ticket (which is in Dubai)

Comment

what is new in this?
          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

residential area speed :)

Comment

thanks for clarifying, I didn't find any difference else where in the speed limits, so this means when you enter a residential area you'd better switch off the car and coast with inertia :rofl:
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

or u can go out of the car and just push it with ur hand....u ll enjoy the weather while u r pushing the car....:rofl:

Comment

Why are they changing the speed limit on the highway to 140 and allowance of 20km , so flashes at 160 when now u have the speed limit at 120 and allowance 40km , so still flashes at 160.

I dont see the point :bash:
                  07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

They are trying to make it safer due to all the idiots on the roads in the UAE but they are increasing the speed limit, so the people who didnt know about the 40km allowance on highways before and were going 120 will now go 140.
                    07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

I still go 159 on the Abu DHabi highways.
                      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

You dont stick to the rules Hasan, thats why u have a 100 dh fine :lol:
                        07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
                          You dont stick to the rules Hasan, thats why u have a 100 dh fine :lol:
                          I had more than 2000 in fines.

I had to pay them all to get the new car registered.

Still on the highways 159 is fine.

140 + 20 (allowance) = 160
                          sigpic

Comment

Same happened to me, I had 1 fine of 4000 dhs , 1000 fine + 30 day impound so had to pay 4000 when I got my new car :(
                            Its ridiculous how expensive fines have got.
                            07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Its still better than Qatar :lol:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X