Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you pay for this E39 M5???

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating to buy this E39 M5, I know that it was bought by Simon for less then 45k, he has replaced the Guido, prop shaft bearings, window rubbers and installed the catback. The guy who bought it off him paid to much for the car, guess Simon knows how to deal and wheel.. lucky guy. New owner put new tires on, spend 15k at X service changing fluids and god knows what.

So considering intial price at 'lets say' 45k + approx 6k of Simons spending on the car + 15k on service + approx 3k tires = 69K...

Would anyone pay 65K for it?

LeMans Blue with Blue/black 2 tone int. 80k kms on the clock, leather is a little wrinkled but seems ok, no other known issues in or outside the car (dents, scratches< damages, dirty headlights and that stuff)

Lets hear what you all think?
    Current:
    2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
    2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
    1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
    1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

Sadly the market has fallen down bringing the market price of these cars to less than what the owner is asking, 65K is overpriced looking at the current market situation and you'll be in loss if you plan to sell it anytiime soon..

However, I personally wouldnt mind paying a little extra than the market price to get a clean car, that will save me the bucks that Ill have to spend later in repairing and fixing any issues that will show up later..

Comment

BTW, there's a beautiful coloured M5 that I just saw on Dubizzle, you might want to consider this one too as an option..

2002 Burgundy E39 M5

Comment

I'm with SSense on this one.. added to the fact that you are getting a pretty much fully fixed car it saves u the hassle of having to take it to the garage and spending time without it... its not only about the money, its the hassle, time and inconvenience that come with it that your avoiding.

Still 65k is a little too much I think...
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

That burgundy M5 SSense posted a link to is SWEEEEEEEEEET! American spec though? unless euro spec ones have the universal garage door opener too :)
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Thats a american spec, dont trust it.., even the pic is in the states LOL

Anyways will have a look at the Lemans today and see..

Would like coilovers under it and maybe brake upgrade.. fly and clutch will most likely need replacing soon.. so im already looking at 5k

Wonderfull world fo MMMMM..

Maybe I should just by a Prado for under 60K and drive it for 2 years and sell it for 60K?
            Current:

Past ///M's:
            2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++

Comment

Originally posted by Naj View Post
              Thats a american spec, dont trust it.., even the pic is in the states LOL

Anyways will have a look at the Lemans today and see..

Would like coilovers under it and maybe brake upgrade.. fly and clutch will most likely need replacing soon.. so im already looking at 5k

Wonderfull world fo MMMMM..

Maybe I should just by a Prado for under 60K and drive it for 2 years and sell it for 60K?
              Indeed!

But a Prado will not give you the smile an ///M car will give you.

Try to convince Ali (SSense) to sell you his car. He has the cleanest E39 ///M5 in UAE, if not world wide.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

You need to talk to Simon himself about its condition, he's owned the car and this is not his first M5. As far as pricing, 65K is on the steep side. Keep us posted, bout time you got an ///M again!!!
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

have you tried the black M5 that is listed on the forums?

Comment

Indeed!

I think member Salman also wanted to sell his E39 ///M a while back.

That is also a very nice car.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                      I think member Salman also wanted to sell his E39 ///M a while back.
                      That's not for sale anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        That's not for sale anymore..
                        Maybe he will change his mind. :dunno:
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm talking about the other one

Comment

In all respect to the seller RB13 for the black with black/gray interior 141kkms.. alot of work needs to be done in like: Window rubbers, door weather strips, rear bumper cracked (needs replacing) Headlight covers faded, center console area where the gear is needs to be replaced (titanium finishing peeled) Power steering reserviour needs to be looked at and there are some other oil spills around the engine which need to be checked and tires are 2009.

Ayham checked the car 2 months ago and said it was fine.. strange...!!!

There is a weird intermittend vibration, u can feel it in ur *** when driving also when you hold the gear so its either: Gearbox, driveshaft or diff related.

Ofcourse alot of paint chips, scratches and dents all around even on the rims. So in all fairness the engine might be good but you will end up spending 15K or more on everything else. I dont think its worth the price he is asking and he doesnt want to sell under 50K..
                            Current:

Past ///M's:

Comment

Ssense.. wanna sell yours??? 55k cash...
                              Current:

Past ///M's:

Comment

Working...
                              X