Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your opinion

Hey club members,

I have a nice warehouse in Mussafah with an area of 400sqm, I am using half of it for an aluminum workshop and the second half is completely empty. I am thinking about using it and after looking for good detailing shops in Abu Dhabi and not finding one, the idea of opening a detailing workshop in this place came to my mind.
    I need your opinions, what do you think? shall i go for it?.

thanks.
    sigpic

My signature photo says it all!!!

You need to do a research if its going to run or not, who will be your target market, will you be able to cover your rent, salaries etc and most important if you have the budget..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
      You need to do a research if its going to run or not, who will be your target market, will you be able to cover your rent, salaries etc and most important if you have the budget..
      thanks SSense.
      well, the rent is already being paid anyway and i am not using the place, i will do a small market study and see if it will work or not.

And thanks for moving my thread to the right place :)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amansour View Post
        thanks SSense.
        well, the rent is already being paid anyway and i am not using the place, i will do a small market study and see if it will work or not.

And thanks for moving my thread to the right place :)
        No probs mate, wishing you Good Luck..

Comment

i think its a good idea ahmad
          sigpic
          • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
          and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

it would be a grenade if u knew how to play the game properly.. goodluck keep us posted
            sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
            E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
            E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
            E23 735i - Sold

Comment

well, I discussed the subject with some of my friends and they gave me good advices. I am looking now for the chemicals and tools. If i want to do it, i want to do it right, so I am searching what are the best chemicals to be used for different applications and any advice would be appreciated. I already contacted some suppliers in the US and UK and waiting for their replies, as here in the market all what I could find is meguiars who are being used by many polishing workshops here and I want something special.
              I will keep you updated as I am really interested in the subject and any advice from your side my friends will be great.

Thanks
              Last edited by amansour; 23-02-2011, 03:11 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Factor in the following in your business plan:

- License issuance fees (add 20% for misc. bureaucratic delays and hidden taxes)

- License annual renewal fees

- 1st year security deposits (landlord, FEWA, Etisalat, Civil Defense)

- 10-15% annual ROI (return over investment) on your working equipment/capital

- 6-month rent

- 6-month salaries

- Marketing fees

- Contingency funds (there will always be some tools and equipments that you will keep adding up)

- Shop supplies and consumables

- Tool boxes

- Storage shelves/cupboards

- Leasehold improvement (a reception, shop lights, epoxy flooring, paint, banners, AC and insulation, ventilation, electrical panels, extensions, house keeping supplies, dispensers, partitions, etc)

- Civil works fees

These are some of the points you have to think about seriously in your feasibility study, they vary in size from one shop to the other, but they're standards. Also, before doing all of this, you have to size up your competition and know your market share. I cannot emphasize the market share point enough.

Wish you all the best, you're a good man and you will have our support inshalla :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  ... before doing all of this, you have to size up your competition and know your market share. I cannot emphasize the market share point enough.

The marketing is gonna be important - although I met and spent time with the owner of this business,

http://www.royale-detailing.com/

I did not know they exist until then - they have a garage in Jebel Ali but only an office in Al Bateen which do the detailing with a mobile outfit in Abu Dhabi. They had a Gallardo on their stand at Abu Dhabi Motor Show that was half polished, half-'raw' so it looks like they have some strong investment behind them.

In Mussaffah the other day I stumbled upon another pro detailing garage just behind the BMW workshop (Premium); at this stage I would try to think like a customer to figure out how best to reach people. I have seen some good ideas like setting up in a Mall car park (Khalidiya, Marina Mall), doing Cobone offers and even the Pro-shine in Yas will detail your car while you're staying in the hotel. It may give you the leverage you need to get started. Good luck with your endeavours - you are lucky indeed to have this space available to get off the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Factor in the following in your business plan:

- License issuance fees (add 20% for misc. bureaucratic delays and hidden taxes)

- License annual renewal fees

- 1st year security deposits (landlord, FEWA, Etisalat, Civil Defense)

- 10-15% annual ROI (return over investment) on your working equipment/capital

- 6-month rent

- 6-month salaries

- Marketing fees

- Contingency funds (there will always be some tools and equipments that you will keep adding up)

- Shop supplies and consumables

- Tool boxes

- Storage shelves/cupboards

- Leasehold improvement (a reception, shop lights, epoxy flooring, paint, banners, AC and insulation, ventilation, electrical panels, extensions, house keeping supplies, dispensers, partitions, etc)

- Civil works fees

These are some of the points you have to think about seriously in your feasibility study, they vary in size from one shop to the other, but they're standards. Also, before doing all of this, you have to size up your competition and know your market share. I cannot emphasize the market share point enough.

Wish you all the best, you're a good man and you will have our support inshalla :)
                    Thanks Ayham, all what you mentioned are very valid points and it is taken into consideration. I am still waiting for the reply from the chemicals suppliers to be able to finish my feasibility study.

Now I am trying to focus on who my customers will be, because this will change all. I want to decide whether to be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E or something like what BigLion mentioned. I know the owner of that garage as I had some business with his family and i know that he is doing good, focusing on working for cars showrooms and dealers. I think that the name of his garage is protec.

I bought some products from the market and I will be detailing my e60 this weekend (DIY) to see the result. And I ordered some other brands online to see the difference between different products.

BigLion, thx for the link dear, if these people are in UAE and using Zymol, strange that they are not mentioned as licensed detailers in Zymol website.

I will finish my study and let you know how it goes.

Regards.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post
                      The marketing is gonna be important - although I met and spent time with the owner of this business,

http://www.royale-detailing.com/

I did not know they exist until then - they have a garage in Jebel Ali but only an office in Al Bateen which do the detailing with a mobile outfit in Abu Dhabi. They had a Gallardo on their stand at Abu Dhabi Motor Show that was half polished, half-'raw' so it looks like they have some strong investment behind them.

In Mussaffah the other day I stumbled upon another pro detailing garage just behind the BMW workshop (Premium); at this stage I would try to think like a customer to figure out how best to reach people. I have seen some good ideas like setting up in a Mall car park (Khalidiya, Marina Mall), doing Cobone offers and even the Pro-shine in Yas will detail your car while you're staying in the hotel. It may give you the leverage you need to get started. Good luck with your endeavours - you are lucky indeed to have this space available to get off the ground!
                      Thanks for the information dear, it is really nice to share ideas and get constructive advices like these. I will finish my study and let you know where things will lead to.
                      The good thing about the space I have is that it has a steel structure upper floor where offices and receptions can be, with all the stock of materials and different equipments. Ground floor then will be used only for the detailing process, an wet area for water cleaning and a dry area for paint correction, polishing, waxing etc... i gave all details to a friend who has an interior design company and we started working on a design for the place. If I want to start i want to know all costs first and plan it properly.

I will keep you updated.

Regards,
                      sigpic

Comment

Remember, its not always the products that will get you a good business, you also need to focus on the hands that will polish the cars, inshort get some professional who know how to work detailing well.. There are numerous detailing shops in UAE, but all are not the same..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                          Remember, its not always the products that will get you a good business, you also need to focus on the hands that will polish the cars, inshort get some professional who know how to work detailing well.. There are numerous detailing shops in UAE, but all are not the same..
                          Completely right, I contacted some suppliers and asked how training on their products can be done, even if I have to send someone to the states or wherever they are to be properly trained I dont mind.

Thanks dear
                          sigpic

Comment

I think the key success to any business and can definitely apply to your case , is providing an unique service, and that in my opinion is not very difficult to provide in the UAE since the market isn't very developed.
                            07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
                              I think the key success to any business and can definitely apply to your case , is providing an unique service, and that in my opinion is not very difficult to provide in the UAE since the market isn't very developed.
                              I am doing all the plans and calculations according to this point Rady, it is completely true, providing an unique service with unique tools and chemicals is the key. I am waiting for some replies from suppliers and let's see how it will go.

regards,
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X