Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUH Finest on the Ghantoot road

Heads-up:

When you come off the AUH/DXB highway at Ghantoot (Truck road) and take that road to the botom of Emirate Road, AUH :officer: have a radar along that road and will pull you over at the round-a-bout with Emirates Road.

The speed limit along there is 110, so you are good for 130km/h (so I was informed by the nice police officer last night). They even had a flat-bed lorry waiting for those that got caught doing over 200km/h.

If any of you know this road, its a dual lane carriage way that is just dead straight and its so very tempting to plant the foot.

So be careful - even AUH :officer: are now using Radar (first time I have sen it for me)
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

FYI, in Abu Dhabi once you get flashed and then pulled over by the police to get fined, these fines are not applicable for the 50% discount..

Comment

+1 so drive safe guys....

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

there are new radars on szr road, just spotted an alien-ish radar that looks like the tall one on al khail road. it's located opposite to reem el bawadi on szr, i know there was a small one, but now they put this new one 300 meters after it if you are going toward abu dhabi.

Comment

Yeah! Saw the new one on SZR.

Looks pretty. :lol:
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

There is one on Al Sufouh road too.

I hear they will flash at the speed limit, i.e. 100 on shz. Heard on the radio today.
            If its true and they work already , I got flashed every day for the past 10 days
            07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

guys...i heared after the massive car accident in abu dhabi last saturday which 125 cars crashed...the speed limit has been reduced in AD - Dubai road from 160km to 140km...that mean if u was driving 141km u ll be flashed! so becareful guys and drive safe

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

:bow: Thanks for the info Eyad !
                Last edited by Rady; 05-04-2011, 09:34 PM.
                07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                  guys...i heared after the massive car accident in abu dhabi last saturday which 125 cars crashed...the speed limit has been reduced in AD - Dubai road from 160km to 140km...that mean if u was driving 141km u ll be flashed! so becareful guys and drive safe
                  Scaremongering rumour, which is rubbish. I drive that road of death every day and tonight coming home, passed every speed camera at between 150-160 and not a SINGLE flash!

If and when they do flash at that speed, I will be the first on this here forum to post it up.
                  1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                  2012 Camaro SS
                  2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Is it really a rumor? It's on the Emirates 24/7 site.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...04-04-1.376846

Comment

Originally posted by theswapmeat View Post
                      Is it really a rumor? It's on the Emirates 24/7 site.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...04-04-1.376846
                      ... 140 kph shortly…this

Will let you know when I get flashed over 140.

I know the area around Shahama - Al Raha beach is max 140, but the remainder is 160.
                      2012 Camaro SS
                      2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

its officialy for some of radars in AD-Dubai road reduced to 140 and within this month all radars will :photos: at 141km, and the fine will be double without discount, so becareful guys.

Comment

Yorky.. flashed yet? hahahahaa
                          Current:
                          2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
                          2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
                          2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
                          1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
                          1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

Comment

In Dubai when you come off Emirates Road and onto the start of Al Khail Road heading towards Dubai (Emirates hills area) the first bridge you come to has a new style speed camera on the hard shoulder under the bridge. Its the new silver cameras with two thin black stripes

Reason why i mention this is cos Dubai never has speed cameras on the hard shoulder and the new style means it can be easily over looked

Comment

Those new radars have a new band of detection, unlike the old Ka or K8, they're used to capture HD clear pics.. I guess they're still under testing period..

Comment

Working...
                              X