This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is for Phil, moved from the Grand Racing thread

I’ve been trying to organise a whole section relating only to the different colours that have adorned our BMW’s, past and present and it will be hosted on this forum.
    It means that once under way this forum will receive maximum exposure all over the world as EVERY BMW forum I know, at some point, someone has asked the question if one exists….so I’m gonna make it!!
    It’s a MASSIVE job and at present it’s on hold because I don’t have an internet connection at home, once this is sorted I’ll be contacting members of BMW forums across the globe for input, which will consist of

1. A colour picture (mandatory)
    2. The code for the paint (mandatory)
    3. Suppliers forum name (optional)
    4. Suppliers handle &, or, real name (optional)
    5. Suppliers ride & country of origin (optional)
    2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
      :ohthedrama:

You know I hate you?? :cursing:

I wanna go to lebanon :danceclub:
      then come over with abood. you can stay at my place :slap:

but i'm not changing his diapers

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
        This is for Phil, moved from the Grand Racing thread

I’ve been trying to organise a whole section relating only to the different colours that have adorned our BMW’s, past and present and it will be hosted on this forum.
        It means that once under way this forum will receive maximum exposure all over the world as EVERY BMW forum I know, at some point, someone has asked the question if one exists….so I’m gonna make it!!
        It’s a MASSIVE job and at present it’s on hold because I don’t have an internet connection at home, once this is sorted I’ll be contacting members of BMW forums across the globe for input, which will consist of

1. A colour picture (mandatory)
        2. The code for the paint (mandatory)
        3. Suppliers forum name (optional)
        4. Suppliers handle &, or, real name (optional)
        5. Suppliers ride & country of origin (optional)
        That's a great idea...a lot of work, but it'll be well worthwhile. Like you say, it's a pretty common question (and also simply very interesting) and if you can get the list together it'll be useful to a LOT of BMW enthusiasts (and probably BMW!). Good luck with it mate!

I can get you started with details for E46 Apline white if you want!
        theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
        Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
        Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
        Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Gooood Afternoon everyone :)

Long time fella's - hows it hanging ??
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

All good Hiten, :welcome2: Back

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
              That's a great idea...a lot of work, but it'll be well worthwhile!
              It’s gonna be a big job and I would like to have as many of our own members cars featured as possible, this will be achieved over time.
              I have already got permissions from various well established-well known forums admin’s to go ahead.
              It will be a whole area on here, like “new members” or “Talk It Out Room” that you access from the main forum page and inside there will be several sub-topics like,

White, Black
              Red, Blue
              Yellow, Silver
              Green, others
              Discussion etc etc etc

My idea is for them to be locked so that only I (+ modd’s) can add/amend new entries, this way we won’t end out with 10 million replies from visitors, I will leave an open “discussion” thread so that people can have their say as I’m sure mistakes and comments will be forthcoming, this is my idea and once I have enough entries (pictures and details) I will sit down and start the whole thing, probably need to do this with a modd present so the threads can be locked or permissions given to me etc etc.
              Modd’s, El Presidenty, please chime in.
              I know it has been discussed before but as my internet connection is close I would like to here any more view’s on the whole subject, remember this will be used by the whole world once word gets out (links deposited on their forums) so it’s gotta be well done!!!

Comment

So i (for example) come to you and say that the car is an E46 M3, Alpine White, colour code xyz. Can you then verify that against some BMW (or other) record to make sure that this is a "genuine" BMW colour (which is the whole point, i assume, to detail all genuine BMW colours through the years?

What about BMW Individuals? Are Individual range colours still just "standard" range, different from the normal choice or can the owner specify their own, one-off mix? Will you attempt to chart these too (as long as the paint was an original BMW product, not Joe's Autos aftermarket stuff).
                theeldestboy

Comment

BB you said you hace CSI, i want pweeeezzzzzzzzz
                  Audi TT (2009)
                  Infiniti G35 (2008)
                  Evo 8- Sold

Dont know what you have until you lose it

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
                    So i (for example) come to you and say that the car is an E46 M3, Alpine White, colour code xyz. Can you then verify that against some BMW (or other) record to make sure that this is a "genuine" BMW colour (which is the whole point, i assume, to detail all genuine BMW colours through the years?

What about BMW Individuals? Are Individual range colours still just "standard" range, different from the normal choice or can the owner specify their own, one-off mix? Will you attempt to chart these too (as long as the paint was an original BMW product, not Joe's Autos aftermarket stuff).
                    I only want thing’s like OEM & individual BMW, ACS and Alpina colours as I believe these are the only “official” colours, and official is my aim.
                    One off’s from BMW accepted as well but I don’t know of any that are that exclusive.
                    The green on the E36 M3 Gt is one such example as there were only 50 made, so that’s one too look out for but I have my contact’s in that area.
                    Mixes from “Joe's Autos aftermarket” will not appear….no matter how nice and no matter what BMW they are on, Joe don’t work for BMW so he’s out!!!!
                    There is a web site called “Mad Russian” and there is a list, with pic’s, of some of the individual colours but it’s full vehicle, I want close up’s for detail of the colour, You can’t see that in full car shot.
                    As for the code’s, these appear on a plaque/sticker somewhere in the engine bay and so should be uniform, i.e. the code 123 456 789 for the colour “Imola Red” should be the same from car to car, this is what I’m looking for when I say “Colour Code”
                    I've prepared a wee spreadsheet type thing for my ref (pic1, colour name, code, supplier etc etc) relating to the memory card I will have in my camera, I've bought one just for this job.
                    I hope it all makes sense to you and I’ll speak in more detail at the MSF on the 14th.

P.S. Atefeh, the box set of CSI was from a work buddy and has been given back….sorry

Comment

Sorry if I’m coming across all presumptuous, Admin, feel free to censor me appropriately if I’m speaking above my station, I just had a “feeling” on my words after I re-read them after I posted

Comment

BB your

oh wel no CSI, anyone here has CSI please put you hand up.
                        Audi TT (2009)
                        Infiniti G35 (2008)
                        Evo 8- Sold

Dont know what you have until you lose it

Comment

I got your point Betty, like for example my car's colour code is 896 M.. where im sure the M is for Metallic

Comment

Sorry if I’m coming across all presumptuous, Admin, feel free to censor me appropriately if I’m speaking above my station, I just had a “feeling” on my words after I re-read them after I posted
                            what's happened here...did the bossy admins tell you off for being naughty?

(:joking: admins! You do a great job!)
                            theeldestboy

Comment

It's how you should speak in forums....No politics, no BS!

I think it's one of the biggest reasons this Club is gaining rep; if your setup's ugly, we tell you it's ugly! If it's wrong, we tell you it's wrong! Period.

Comment

[QUOTE=the eldest boy;17868] what's happened here...did the bossy admins tell you off for being naughty?
                                QUOTE]

No not at all Phil, it was just me, I felt after re-reading my own words that it sounded a bit ME ME ME, and I hate that, this is why I said that.
                                And that's my point exactly Ayham, the problems on some forums is people not thinking about what they are saying, which can be damaging to the forum in question (hence my change of attitude, I felt remorseful), plus If some forum is going to supply something as informative as this colour chart then it has to be done in very good taste, It need's to be informative, well presented, cover as much of the subject as possible and most importantly....be correct!!!
                                Other example’s are "Technical" or "How To" or "DIY" threads on some of the other great BMW forums out there, they are a wealth of knowledge to all!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X