This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
    Remember one thing. The UAE dirham is pegged to the US$, so a strong US economy strengthens the dirham against other currencies, and basically you get more value for money. For example, a UK supplied bodykit or rims costing 7300aed a few months back will now cost around 6300aed. Just a few days back, they would have cost you under 6000aed. That's because of strength of the $ against the £.

Still think that US policy doesn't affect you ;)

more bang for your buck then....

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
      more bang for your buck then....
      Absolutely mate! Many goods and services that we consume here in Dubai are imported from outside the GCC region and as the $ (and so, the dirham) strengthens against major currencies like the pound and the Euro, things get cheaper. Since i started my job 2.5 months ago (i get paid in dirhams), my UK-equivelent wages have gone up by around 23%, purely because of the dollar!
      theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
      Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
      Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
      Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
        Remember one thing. The UAE dirham is pegged to the US$, so a strong US economy strengthens the dirham against other currencies, and basically you get more value for money. For example, a UK supplied bodykit or rims costing 7300aed a few months back will now cost around 6300aed. Just a few days back, they would have cost you under 6000aed. That's because of strength of the $ against the £.

Still think that US policy doesn't affect you ;)
        Words well spoken.

All the religious connotations are for the American people to worry about, I personally don’t think that it’s gonna “kick off” in the States like the media is spouting just now, I mean come on, just because he’s the first coloured president of the USA do you really think this is going to cause a race riot???
        Of course not!!!!!!
        2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Need a little advise from you.
          I’m thinking of buying a laptop, about 4,500 – 5,000 to spend and I’m looking for these specs…roughly.

16-19” screen
          2.4 Gb 4 Mb L2 cache duo core 2 processor (or better)
          500 Gb hard drive
          4 Gb RAM (or better)
          512 Gb graphics
          DVD +- Rw
          WiFi

Do you think it’s possible to get one like this for the cash I have? , where’s the best place to go? And can you get them with carbon fibre look?……thanks Santa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
            Need a little advise from you.
            I’m thinking of buying a laptop, about 4,500 – 5,000 to spend and I’m looking for these specs…roughly.

16-19” screen
            2.4 Gb 4 Mb L2 cache duo core 2 processor (or better)
            500 Gb hard drive
            4 Gb RAM (or better)
            512 Gb graphics
            DVD +- Rw
            WiFi

Do you think it’s possible to get one like this for the cash I have? , where’s the best place to go? And can you get them with carbon fibre look?……thanks Santa!!
            Sharaf DG at Times Square. That place is hooooge. Go to them to get some good advice, and then shop around for whatever they recommend. For that budget, you'll certainly get something, but it'd doubt it'll be an "established" brand, so you're choice is either a top-spec crap brand, or a mid-spec decent brand.

Good luck!
            theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
            Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
            Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
            Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

I’m thinking something that's kinda future proof….for at least 5-7 years give or take, so a top spec mid range, i.e. LG, ACER etc etc is my way of thinking.
              Been down the DELL road and didn’t think I got value for money, I found that they are just generally a slower computer!!!! Component quality/ value has meant nothing to me in the past and I’ve had a few PC’s now.

Comment

A laptop that will stay fr 5-7 years is practicaly non existing my friend, I bought my laptop on the sole reason that is was the lightest at it time!
                Meskovic
                this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                  A laptop that will stay fr 5-7 years is practicaly non existing my friend, I bought my laptop on the sole reason that is was the lightest at it time!
                  and now its the heaviest now :rofl:

Comment

BB have you been to al ain computer center in burdubai?! that place is teh best!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      BB have you been to al ain computer center in burdubai?! that place is teh best!
                      Thanks Bruno, is this the place that also gets called computer plaza down bank/computer street, the street that Waxy O’Conners is on? And if so, where exactly is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
                        Thanks Bruno, is this the place that also gets called computer plaza down bank/computer street, the street that Waxy O’Conners is on? And if so, where exactly is it?
                        Yes its also called Computer Plaza..

Comment

yes also called computer plaza... it's on the other side (across the steet) of khaleej shopping center.

Comment

Al Ain mall? next to ramada diera
                            Meskovic
                            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Totally disagree, it looks nasty!!
                              Sorry if that offends anyone

Comment

Its just before Regal Plaza hotel and before Ramada Hotel..

Comment

Working...
                                X