Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me more about the Alpina B3 ?? How is it for daily use and are the spare parts easily available or no ?? That thing is growing on me !!

Comment

Originally posted by E46Fanatic View Post
      Nice one, great combo !

Sorry SSense, don't know much about the B3. But, no Alpina is cheap to run !
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by E46Fanatic View Post

3amer what do u think ?
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

millage:200000km :(
          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
            millage:200000km :(
            I agree with u its not low... but dont u ever think such model will have geniune 70k on it lol however as i told u BMW engines are built to last as u know dude
            I told u i had 380K on mine

this If u really like the ride and thinking to have it
            sigpic
            E46FANATIC

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Can someone tell me more about the Alpina B3 ?? How is it for daily use and are the spare parts easily available or no ?? That thing is growing on me !!

found this peace of info for u
              and sure Alpina is no easy to maintain at all
              I am not sure if its reliable for daily use m8

The biggest difference between the B3 3.0 engine and the B6 2.8/2´s engine is the displacement. Alpina have increased the displacement from 2.8 litre to 3.0 litre. That makes the B3 3.0 produce 250 bhp instead of 240. The torque has increased to 320 Nm, as much as the M3 3.0. The most interesting thing in the B3 3.0 is the optional Switchtronic gearbox. It is a 5-speed automatic gearbox but if you want you can change gear manually with buttons on the steering wheel.

The B3 3.2 engine is based on BMW´s 2.8/2 litre six-cylinder which produce 193 bhp. That´s only 1 bhp, at least on paper, more than the old 2.5 litre unit but the torque has increased a lot, from 240 Nm to 280 Nm. Alpina has increased the displacement to 3.2 litre, fitted Mahle lightweight pistons, modified the combustion chambers, reprogrammed the engine management-system, made by Siemens, and fitted a new exhaust system. Those are the most important changes that make the Alpina engine produce 265 bhp and torque is up to 330 Nm. The gearbox is made by Getrag and has 6 speeds. But the Switchtronic gearbox is also available as an option.
              sigpic
              E46FANATIC

Comment

:slap:

Such cars are built-in!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info friends, since im already preserving the M5, i cant think of buying a car and preserving another one again, if only it was good as a daily driver i wouldve considered it without any second thoughts.. But since the parts are hard to find, i guess ill leave the priority of being the garage queen to the M5 for now.. ;)

Thanks once again for your wonderful feedback :bow:

Comment

SEX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwTE...eature=related

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
                    sigpic
                    E46FANATIC

Comment

You're trying to seduce me by posting that video lol :spank:

Comment

Btw i saw an Alpina few days ago .. :drool:
                        Wait ill plug my fone and post the pic..
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

There u go :drool:
                          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

There's a HUGE misconception about the Alpinas. When people say their parts are hard to come by, they're talking about engine parts. And my guess is that such Alpinas were driven by turds! A regular BMW engine would be hard to get individual internals for in the case it blows up, same waiting period as an Alpina.

Other than that, you're looking into spark plugs, filters, pads, ties rod, and MAYBE once in your life time you'd change the bushings (they freaking last on the E36!). I wouldn't be held back by such an urban legend!

Comment

I'll definetely give this a thought as im really not having fun driving a 2007 Altima, its boring and on highways a 4 cylinder engine is like driving in sky, i need atleast 6 cylinders to satisfy me.. Plus Ayham you know how my driving is, i hardly push so the results of breaking down are very less..

Comment

You drive an E39 M5, what do you expect :D!
                                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                                X