Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Drive and charging fault

Hi there everyone,

So today while driving my e70 m, i switch on the M mode and as soon i turn off the M mode, a message appear saying battery has stop charging and follow by dynamic drive failure. As i continue driving, the car steering became so hard that I can't turn it at all.

Any idea what is the cause of this? Did some questioning and the feedback says it's the alternator? Could it be?

Thanks.[emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Originally posted by shaf2740 View Post
    Hi there everyone,

So today while driving my e70 m, i switch on the M mode and as soon i turn off the M mode, a message appear saying battery has stop charging and follow by dynamic drive failure. As i continue driving, the car steering became so hard that I can't turn it at all.

Any idea what is the cause of this? Did some questioning and the feedback says it's the alternator? Could it be?

Thanks.[emoji1431]

if it is the alternator then you battery should not be charging and would go flat making the car unable to draw any power from it for start up. It could be the servotronic system that controls the steering feel in the various modes that's gone faulty. But the battery stopped charging message does throw a curve ball into the mix.

When was the last time the battery was replaced? A weak battery could also trigger various error messages in such cars (with many electric/electronic systems and reliance).

Get a battery and alternator test done first to make sure they are both healthy, once you've ruled them out then we can move onto the next possible faulty circuit (i do hope that its just the battery).

Let us know how it goes...
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Took it to sree auto and it seems like one of the belt, serpentine belt i think, snapped...got it replaced and she's good to go now[emoji51]

Comment

Working...
      X