Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Wash

Hi Guys

anybody know where i can take my car for a good car wash? all the garages i have been to seem to scratch the paintwork...

also, do u use quick detailer after every wash or just once in a while?

Think before you act.

i don't think there's no such place as "good car wash"

if you're too worried about your paint you should wash your own car.. i personally think it's just a car & who cares if the paint deteriorates a bit after a couple of years? you can always go back to proshine for a nice polish :)

i had my Z4M for 18 months which means i washed it approx 150 times at different stations and the paint was still excellent at the time i sold it (in my eyes at least) :)

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

The problem is there isn't a car wash that does everything right... for example Grand Lube does a good drying job, but does a poor washing job, EPPCO/Emarat do a good washing job but lousy drying job... can't get the best of both worlds... unless you do it yourself

I guess a good compromise is to do washes regularly and then do a wax/polish once a month or every couple of months to remove the swirls
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

I agree with what petrolhead said, get a polish once a month or atleast every 2 months, that will keep your colour on the safe side.. Interior and Exterior wise..

Comment

I get my car done at the pertol garage on the southbound side of SZR at Media City (near the Hard Rock Cafe). They do a waterless wash with some product called...erm...i've forgotten the name. Anyway, at 50aed (for inside and out) it's not the cheapest option, but they do a really, really good job

I agree with Haissan - paint is paint, it's going to deteriorate and chip over the years but probably never to the point that you'd even notice it with your naked eye. We have some pretty thorough detailers on the board who care meticulously for their paintjobs, and good luck to them. For me, as long as it's getting a good wash and rinse a couple of times a week, i'm happy.
          theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
          Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
          Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
          Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Phil... give me the low down on this waterless product, I was washing my car last night at the Emaraat station behind Shangri-la (which is great I have to admit... just ask for a guy called Sayed... he da man!!!) and I read about this product on their billboard...

is it worth it? and I'm a little skeptical about it... its all chemicals and I'm not sure if I like the sound of it...
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Is it the Mr. Clean stuff?

... it has been out for years now (not sure about here but definitely in Canada), I've never tried it, but my friend has and says it's a decent product
              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

I don't think so... but does this Mr. Shine one work?!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                  Phil... give me the low down on this waterless product, I was washing my car last night at the Emaraat station behind Shangri-la (which is great I have to admit... just ask for a guy called Sayed... he da man!!!) and I read about this product on their billboard...

is it worth it? and I'm a little skeptical about it... its all chemicals and I'm not sure if I like the sound of it...
                  I'm 99% sure the product is called "Bio", and 1% of me things "Eco". No, it's Bio, i'm sure it is.

Now, i couldn't tell you what long-term damage these prodcuts might do to your paintwork (perhaps Ghoonk is the man to answer that?) but what i do know is that for 50aed your car is literally attacked by about 6 guys, who spend around 20 minutes cleaning inside and out using a variety of products (some "Bio", some not). They're exceptionally thorough, giving the rims great attention, and they also "blacken" up bumper skirts, bonnet vents (mine is black) with special product which they apply with a paintbrush and then buff off with soft cloths.

That particular garage (near the Hard Rock) used to be a tradtional drive-through water wash, and when they stopped that operation and started using Bio, i too was sceptical. However, as Haissam alluded to earlier, i'm not overly concerned with the relatively small damage that these products might do to my paintwork, and besides, i'm sure the manufacturers have accounted for minimising paint damage in their fluids.

They do a fantasitc job and i'd thoroughly recommend them. I'm driving past there tonight so i will stop off and check the name of the product and whre you can buy it from.
                  theeldestboy

Comment

It's called Bio Wash Waterless Car Care

"Green spray washes cars without using water

Dubai: Drinking water should not be used for cleaning vehicles - so a new spray-on, waterless cleaner has been launched.

The biodegradable cleaner, Bio Wash Waterless Car Care, claims to wash cars without water, even vehicles caked with mud.

The French products were unveiled yesterday by the Al Barg Company. Current car wash facilities in the UAE are wasting potable, desalinated water said company president Abdullah Saleh Al Sayed.

At a time when water is scarce in the Middle East it should not be wasted on car washing, he said.

Natural formula

Dubai has more than 850,000 registered vehicles on its roads and overall in the GCC there are 7.85 million cars, washing them all once requires 255 million gallons of water he said.

He added that one in six people in the world do not have access to clean drinking water while gallons are being wasted on washing cars. One bottle of Bio Wash Waterless Car Care can wash up to four cars.

Bio Wash is environmentally-friendly in that it is made from an all natural formula. The spray will be available in supermarkets shortly and in the meantime some petrol stations around Dubai will offer the option.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Envir.../10240150.html

Hope that helps!
                    theeldestboy

Comment

Yeah I think I remember reading Bio on the billboard... I'm curious and am thinking of trying it out... maybe sometime over the weekend I'll get my car done.

Thank Phil! :)
                      sigpic

Comment

i use the one opposite hard rock cafe also. by the way, the water they use is filtered & recycled...hence the need for the pump. I know that the paint will get damaged, so its not like i pamper the car thaat much. I normally get them to wash without drying-driving your car dry is actually very effective-especially on SZR. that i normally follow up with quick detailer at home.

I was asking bcos i wanted to find out if there were any better...guess not. another good one is the EPPCO opposite the Emarat in Bur Dubai-the place where 3 gas stations are all next to each other...they wash the underneath for at least 10 mins and very thorough.

Think before you act.

Comment

how r u gonna polish every two months....thats like a AED400 job right!!! too rich for my blood ;)

Think before you act.

Comment

"Dubai has more than 850,000" that means more cars in Dubai than citizens in the whole of the UAE....

Think before you act.

Comment

I only take my cars to enoc or grand lube…. spraying water on the body forcing the dirt to come off is healthier than getting someone to wipe it off… that’s my 2cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X